Chapter 15

Hi everybody!!

Hope you all are doing great.

Summer is here and it means vacation people, so chill out and enjoy this vacation with your favorite people.

I came across few kids who were playing Marco Polo and recollected my childhood memories. I miss those years.

This chapter is dedicated to all of you who miss their childhood and wish you could go back to that time once again.

Here is a new chapter for my lovely readers.

Happy Reading.😃😃😃

Kai's POV

The clatter of the spoons brought me out of my thoughts. I observed my grandparents talking between themselves and was glad that there was happiness in their eyes as well as on their faces. I decided to go to office early today, and put forth my proposal for discussion. As I was contemplating about how the new project would be received by the executives, Gramma called me.

"Kai, You always find out what is troubling any of us and resolve them. You have been like that since you were a small boy.

Your Grandpa always says that it is your way of showing your love for ur family. Me and your Grandpa, we both know that it was you who persuaded everyone to come back home.

I know nothing can measure with what you gifted us. I do not know _",

" Gramma, I would not let our family drift apart no matter what the circumstances are. All these years everyone of you accepted all my decisions without any protest.

I did not want to become an executive of SJ International and Grandpa accepted it even though it was against his wishes for me.

I helped Hiten Bhai and Rehan Bhai in their work and they never asked anything more of me ,when we all know that their dream was to see me lead SJ International.

Maa, Paa, Mama, Papa, two bhabis everyone of you never ever asked me for anything, even when people taunted you, looked down at you because of my various decisions.

None of you ever questioned my intentions, my actions or my plans. It was that confidence , belief and trust you have in me made me who I am today and who I will be tomorrow.

It is because of all of you Kai exists, there is no Kai without his family. I would not allow anything to happen my family.

The loss of Hiten bhai and Sanghvi bhabhi shattered everyone of us. We will always miss them but their memories will never part with us.

No matter what, I will not allow Ray to be brought up far away from us, his family.

All of us grieve their deaths, but I will not accept it if Ray is being deprived of the love of his family because we are so overcome by our pain over his parents death that we alienate him from us. It is an injustice which I will not stand by and watch.

If I have to be blunt for people to see the error in their ways of grieving and for the benefit of this family, so be it.

I will not let anyone disrespect Hiten Bhai and Sanghvi Bhabhi by making their deaths a reason for the lack of smile on our faces, lack of happiness in our home and loss of the love we have for each other.

I did what I have to do so I will not lose this family. We miss each other and in these times of darkness we need each other more so than ever.

Home is where our family is together and nothing changes this truth. It is hard to move on from their deaths but it is time we accept that Bhai and Bhabi are lost to us and will not come back.

We cannot live our lives like this forever and we need to live our lives to the fullest come what may in our future. As a family we all overcame many hurdles and obstacles in our lives together no matter how painful they were. We will do the same now.

I am sure Bhai and Bhabi also would want us to move ahead in life," I interrupted her before she could finish what I knew she would say.

I turned towards Grandpa and said, "I know people are waiting for any and every opportunity both at personal and professional frontiers so they can over take and witness our downfall.

I assure you that it is not something to be worried about, because the law of the nature is that no matter how many people gang up against us, it is the people who stand by us at our hard times, decide our victory and downfall.

And I have you, my family and my friends to support me in this journey to fortify SJ International against any threats. And you both are aware that I do not leave things halfway and I will see to that they are finished.

Now it is my family who need me and there is no way I would give up on them or compromise with the happiness they are entitled to. So I promise you both that nothing and no one is going to succeed no matter how hard they try to disrupt our family. So I request you not to stress over these things."

I saw Gramma dabbing her eyes with a tissue. I did not like it one bit that she is shedding tears and in a way I am the cause of those tears. I requested her not to cry but it had the opposite effect to what I intended and increased the waterworks.

I beseeched my Grandpa with my eyes to make her stop crying. He gave me a smile as if he understood my dismay. He whispered something in her ears and consoled her with his soft words.

After few minutes she wiped away the traces of tears from her face and gave me a bright smile. I knew that one wrong move from me would diminish that brightness and bring forth the shadows of grief.

Hope you liked this chapter.

This chapter and the next one clearly portrays Kai's Characteristics and what makes him special and different from others.

Pls vote and comment.