Chapter 21

Hi My lovely readers!!

I am here with the new chapter. I apologise very much for the delay. Some unforseen circumstances needed my presence and attention and so I could not write for a long time.

Enough of why I was late in updating. Here is the Chapter where you will meet Kai again.

Happy Reading.

Kai's POV

I was discussing the terms for the German project with Rehan Bhai (brother in Hindi) on my mobile when Nik silently stepped into my office. I nodded at him upon which he made himself comfortable on the sofa, situated across the floor to ceiling windows in my office. After I finished the call, I approached him to find that he was frowning while looking at something intensely on the screen of his tablet. " Did you look at the terms sent by Bhai? Do you want me to go ahead with them or do you want to change any thing? Let's not wait till they send their terms", He said after putting his tablet away. "I spoke with him regarding the terms and we agreed upon few changes. He would send us the new terms through mail. You can work on the documents once we receive them," I replied to him. I sat opposite to him on the other sofa facing him with my back towards the window. "When are they reaching here?", I asked him. " They told that they would come to the office directly tomorrow morning and asked us to wait here," was his reply to my question. "Kai? Are you sure about this? Don't you think you are hurrying by going ahead with this decision of yours? I think there is still a lot of time for you to decide about this," Nik voiced his doubts. "It is never early for this Nik. I arrived at this decision after a lot of thought. The wheels of change have started their course long ago and it is only a matter of time before things fall into their rightful place. And I am not forcing anyone to accept my proposal. I will not force anyone to follow my wishes or interests. I am just giving you guys options from which you can choose. I want to inform you guys about it so you all can act accordingly when you feel that time is right to act upon." My reply placated Nik's worry.

The frown etched on his face melted away giving way to a mischievous smile. "Did the course start with her?", I could sense the doubt in his words laced with curiosity. Instead of answering I gave him a look of surprise, "Her? Who is this her?". I feigned confusion as if I was unaware of whom he is talking about. Nik is one of my best friends and knows me very well. " This "her" is that lady from the elevators. That lady who snagged the interest of this friend of mine who never gives any beauty a glance even if she was parading in front of him. That lady whose security is monitored by Idris. Do I have to continue or are these details enough for you to recognize this "her" of yours." He smiled at me like a Cheshire cat after revealing to me that he is aware of Ananya and her presence in my life. I am surprised not because he knew about her, but it took him this long to figure out her significance in my life. As for Idris providing security to Ananya, I like to consider it just as a precaution instead of a necessity.

I got up from the sofa and faced the window overseeing the office campus. Nik came and stood beside me waiting patiently for my answer. "You are losing your touch Nik. I thought you would have figured it out by now." After listening to my answer he shrugged and said," I guessed what was going on but you do know I thrive to confirm my guesses. And I have my sources. So tell me, Are you going to answer about her? What magic did she weave to catch your attention? You cannot blame me for being curious to know about her Kai," he winked at me after saying this. I did not raise to his bait and turned to face the window again. My eyes caught the black structure shining under the Sun. "Isn't that your bike? Why did you park it there?", Nik asked me after looking at my bike from where we were standing. "Yes, it is. I lost the bike key somewhere so I parked it there." My answer surprised him and he looked at me as if I have grown an extra head. "You lost the key and so you parked it there!! I guess love does addle one's mind and it appears even you my dear friend is not an exception in this aspect," I understood the question phrased in his statement but chose to ignore it but keeping mum. "Hmm, well I will wait for the time you introduce her to us and I think it is a given that I should not reveal this interesting development tomorrow in the meeting." He winked at me saying that and left the room.