Chapter 5

Kai's POV

Her eyes are telling me that she is confused and scared of what she is feeling in my presence. The conflicting emotions in her eyes made it clear that she is struggling to understand what is happening to her and this is the first time she is experiencing such sensations. Her breathing has increased and she appeared anxious to either run away from me or run to me, I hope it is the latter. I did not want her to rush into anything and did not like that look of fear in her lovely eyes. I stepped forward and was careful not to touch her hand because I know that it will create a jolt which will confuse her even more.

I took hold of the card dangling from her fisted palm and lifted her hand to see the floor number on the key card and keyed in the same on the panel of the elevator wall. This action brought her out of her state. I stepped towards the wall of the elevator and leaned against it with her standing across me with her back to me. Her long brownish black hair that was reaching till her hips took my breath away. It was plaited in some intricate pattern. I wondered how her hair would look free from that plait. I am awaiting the day when I can touch it and experience the feeling of running my fingers through it.

The elevator stopped on the first floor and the doors opened showing a team of security headed by their captain, who was standing there awaiting my permission to get inside even though I reminded him time and again that I am not a stickler for formalities. I do not like people working with SJ International feel that I am unapproachable. So I do not put any restrictions on them however some people are not comfortable with this and stick to their formalities. I gave them an option and it is their choice at the end of the day. I gave a nod after which one by one they stepped into the elevator.

I turned to see her snuggled into the corner so as to avoid being near them. I stepped beside her because I know they would not crowd my space. I think it is good they gave us that space else she would have become even more anxious. I removed my hand from the pocket of my trousers and looked at the watch on my right wrist. I still have an hour before the conference call. As soon I put my hand down it came into contact with a soft cloth. I looked down to notice it as her shawl and realized that I am very close to her. After memorizing her features I inhaled her essence and took her shawl in between my thumb and index finger and started rubbing it.

I turned my face towards the elevator screen to see that the next floor is approaching. I liked being in her presence because I felt at home with her beside me. It is a unique sensation coursing through my soul and I am short of words to express it. I remember my grandfather saying that sometimes all the languages in the world are not sufficient to express what someone is experiencing. I think it is apt to say that this feeling is one such thing. I felt eyes on me and I knew whose are those. I can feel her gaze moving from my forehead to my eyes , nose, then to lips, then to my chin.

Hope you guys enjoyed reading it. Thanks for the support.