Chapter 8

Hi everybody!! 

I bring you this time the inner thoughts of Kai, this chapter gives you more insights of Kai's character.

I'll introduce Kai's and Anya's family and friends depending on the storyline.

Happy reading!!!

Kai's POV

I was standing in the shadows created by the flapping curtains and watched her stealing glances at where I stood few seconds before. I could not help but feel elated at this unconscious reaction of hers to my disappearance and was sure that she is unaware of what she did. Those glances indicate that even though she is confused by the spectrum of emotions striking at her heart, she is affected all the same by them as much as I am. It might take time for her to realise what is happening to her and the magnitude of these events in our lives. However, I for one know that our lives have entwined today in the elevators where we met for the first time and every second we spend together strengthens this belief further. I saw her going far away from me on the vehicle, bit no matter how far we are from each other our home is always with each other. I stepped into the light again and felt the cool breeze blowing my hair as if intimating me that the breeze of change has started its course in our lives. I stepped into the lounge to find Nik waiting for me with a questioning gaze which I decided to ignore. Looking at me in disappointment because of my lack of response, he indicated me to go through the new reports sent by Mrs. Kapoor.

It is quite clear that the work is still rough around the edges and could be done much better. Nevertheless what piqued my interest was the depth of the research and the scope of the findings. It is obvious that an amateur worked on it, but the efforts are plausible. It seems Nik was also of the same impression and decided to allow Mrs. Kapoor to mentor this person. As always he cut the work for me, one of the many perks of having a best friend as an advisor. I asked him to go ahead with his decision and informed him to keep me in loop for all the communication from then on regarding this person. If he was shocked, he did not reveal it. I knew the value of the reports in my hand even though they would be considered nothing more than numbers by many. I am once again grateful to Mrs. Kapoor, as she brought these reports to my notice. These findings tell me that the person who worked on them has vision without boundaries, knew basics of what is what and how things are to be approached.

The clock struck 10 and I realised it is very late in the night. Nik and I walked to the parking space and started for our respective homes. I reached home to see my grandmother on her recliner relaxing and reading whereas my grandfather was sitting on his Chesterfield Chair going through some files. Sensing my presence, Gramma chided me for being late for dinner and went to get me food. While I was discussing the new project in Abu Dhabi with grandpa, she returned with a small serving trolley filled with different foods that could very easily feed three people besides me. I decided to grab something and escape to my room before she starts feeding me. I cannot say no to her when she feeds me and she takes advantage of that feeding me to her heart's content and against my any protests. I served myself a plate of two parathas and a cup of mozzarella cheese spread. I saw her watching my actions keenly and before she could chide me again, I gave a peck on her cheek, bid them both good night and started walking towards my wing. I could hear grandpa asking gramma to let me go and take rest. I made a note to thank him later on for taking my side. I reached my room and decided to change into more comfortable clothes before eating. I changed and started nibbling on the food while skimming through the documents related to the new project.

After​ going through the documents, I leaned on the window pane allowing the breeze to gently caress me. As I inhaled deeper, an inexplicable pleasantness filled me. My lungs were filled with freshness and my mind was filled with her memories. The memories which I would treasure till my last breath. The memories which bring a smile on my lips. The memories which make me impatient to be in her presence again. The memories which take the form of an unknown life source and course through my veins. The memories which electrify my neurons indicating that her thoughts are enough to energize my being no matter which state I am in. A single thought of her makes me feel her presence near me. My heart craves to know about every minute detail related to her at any point of time. My soul thirsts for something unknown and she is the elixir which quenches it making me enormously content.

I am an amateur coming to the matters of heart however I know few couples who have been in love since the day they have met and are still so very much in love. I guess I inherited not only the materialistic wealth but also the heart, mind and soul to experience, live and rejoice that love which I have been seeing between my parents and grandparents. According to grandpa it is a boon that has been passed down the generations of our family to experience and live such kind of love. I thought of Ananya, that is her name according to the key card and wondered how long it would take for her to realise that today's meeting even though accidental is just a beginning and there is no other climax other than happily ever after together for the both of us. After perceiving her confusion, anxiety, vulnerability and ignorance to realise what she was experiencing in the elevators​ and near the cafeteria, it appears that I have to wait for a long time. Gramma always says that patience is my strength but in Ananya's matter I am not sure how much patient I can be. Even though I have all the time in the world to woo her, charm her and sweep her off her feet, I would like these things to happen very fast so I need not spend any more time away from her. I never considered myself a romantic, but my lovely Ananya brings out new faces of me which even I am unaware of.

I would like it very much if you could vote my story. I know it is not much but only few chapters. Still every chapter is unique in its own way.

Pls pls vote.

And waiting for your comments and reviews.