Chapter 24

Hi Guys,

How are you all doing?? I think everyone is excited about the Valentine's day. Well why shouldn't we, after all we get a chance to express our love to the important people in our lives - significant others, Parents, Friends, Siblings.

So if anyone loves a person and haven't expressed it to that person, what better time than now. So people love all you can and with everything you get.

Here is a new chapter for all of you lovely readers. Hope you guys enjoy it.

Anya's POV

I woke up the next day to a chilly breeze. I was in a dilemma if I should inform my family regarding the episode that occurred in the elevator, but decided against telling them for the time being. This was my first weekend after I joined the S J International. I decided to video call my grandparents and dialed my grandpa's number. When he answered the call I saw that both of them were together on the terrace garden. We talked about many trivial things and finally they asked me about my new sense of independence and freedom. While talking about this topic, I sensed that my grandpa was trying to get the information about that someone special in my life. My suspicions later got confirmed with his statement. " Anya, Promise me that you will not elope and get married if you find the right guy by yourself. You wouldn't deprive your grandpa of giving you away in your marriage, would you Anya?" He ended his sentence with a sad, innocent expression on his face which prompted me that this conversation was going to take a very serious turn. " You seriously know how to give ideas to them, don't you!! Even if she never had such ideas before, now with your unnecessary worries you clued her to run away and get married. What has gotten into you??!! Did you forget that running away and getting married is a trait that runs in our family?! Did it cross your mind that may be Anya would be an exception in this aspect?! But nooo, you have to go and open your big mouth about eloping and getting married. Anya!! Your grandpa was joking honey, you forget about this eloping thing, just wash it away from your brain" My grandma scolded my grandpa while he appeared embarrassed and guilty for broaching that subject.

I laughed and replied to them both before they got into their marathon of arguments. " Grandma! It is absolutely alright. I knew about this tradition of eloping and getting married that is practiced by our family members. If I am not wrong, you were the one who persuaded grandpa to elope with you and get married when your families were against your marriage. As for Dad and Mom, I do not know what exactly happened but I am sure that there must be a strong reason for them to get married secretly. And lets not talk about Vikrant and Ishana SIL's wedding. I was young but not that young to forget that it was you Grandpa who asked them to runaway and get married. Also if my memory serves right you procured a special marriage registration certificate for them, didn't you grandpa!! These matters aside I promise you both that I will not elope and get married. It was Mom and Dad's dream to get me married in the presence of all my loved ones, so even though they are not here with us anymore, I would do everything in my power to make that dream of theirs into a reality."

I saw that their faces were beaming with smiles after hearing my reply but what caught my attention was their eyes, they were brimmed with unshed tears. I was alarmed by their tears and said," Grandmaaa!! Grandpaa!! What happened??!! Was it something I said ?" " These are tears of joy Anya not pain. We are very happy to see you talk about your parents again after such a long time. So tell me this, how did you know about parents dream regarding your wedding? We never told you about it", Grandpa replied while comforting grandma by putting his hand around her shoulder and hugging her to him. I realised then that I never talked about my parents with them. But a few moments before I talked about them as if I had been doing that since ages. I was surprised by how naturally I was able to bring them up without any episodes of stress and panic. Even though I was glad that I was able to talk about them then, I was overwhelmed by the pain and guilt of putting everyone around me in crunch because of my stress disorder. " I am sorry for all these years. All of you were walking on egg shells around me so as not to bring them up in my presence so I would not get upset. I have taken away your right of reminiscing their memories from you. Please forgive me for all the pain I caused you. It was selfish and heartless of me to deny you all of those simple things because of my fear and stress, but please understand that it was never my intention to rob you people of such small happiness regarding my parents", I revealed my fears to them. " No No Anya! Do not cry beta! You never deprived us of anything. Tell me Anya, you never talk about them in front of us, so does it mean you forgot them or you do not love them anymore?', my grandma asked me. I just nodded my head as no for her question. " It is same with us beta. We will never forget them no matter where we are. We never felt bad or sad for not being able to talk about them in front of you, because we knew that their memories would bring you nightmares and that was not acceptable to me nor your grandfather. Your parents were gone but they gave you to us. You and Vikrant were alive that was what was the most significant thing. So never talk about being heartless and selfish again. You have a beautiful heart. I think you might have overheard us talking about your parents' dream for you. Well since the topic has come I will tell you clearly what your parents wanted for you. Your parents always said that they wanted to give you to a person who would never make you miss your family. Of course your brother was not agreeable on this concept of his lovely sister getting married. He said he would not allow anyone to steal his sister from him if my memory serves me right. I am sure your would be husband would have to go through your brother to reach you. That boy may be your brother by blood but he is like your father in all aspects related to you." She sighed. " You can ask us anything about your parents. Me and your grandpa will always support all your decisions. Be happy. That is what your parents would want Anya. Your happiness is what matters to all of us," my grandpa told me and smiled at me.