21.

shawn
august 2nd, 2014
-

"hey!" regan giggled, wrapping her arms around me. we were going to canada today. "i finished my book report so we're all good."

i kissed her head and shut the door. "i'm gonna get my bags and be right back." i nodded and started to wait for her in the living room.

cameron walked down, barely looking at me as he waved. "you good?" i asked, raising an eyebrow.

"yeah, great," he leaned against the entrance wall in the living room. "i hope you guys have a good time."

i thanked him but regan gave him a dark glare when she came down the stairs. "ready?" she turned back into her happy self, standing by the door.
-

"i'm super tired," she groaned, grabbing my hand and walking to luggage pick up. "i really hope i'm not jet lagged."

"maybe a little." i smiled, grabbing most of the bags. suddenly, there was a loud shriek from one side of the airport.

girls were speed walking over to me with giant smiles on their face. "hey." i smiled, about seven of them coming up to me.

they were all asking for photos which i happily agreed to. i set the bags down and started to smile with them each individually.

it took about 10 minutes before they all went away. i turned around and regan wasn't next to me anymore.

"rae?" i looked around, furrowing my eye brows. i grabbed the bag, my eyes wandering the area. finally, i saw her sitting at a table with her stuff.

"hey," i sighed, walking over. "why'd you leave?"

she shrugged, standing up with her stuff. "it was too cluttered for me." i frowned a little, pulling her ponytail, gently.
+
regan
august 2nd, 2014
-

"i'm so nervous!" i smiled, wide, hugging his arm in the back of the car. "i hope they like me."

"obviously, they're going to." he assured me. we pulled up to his house and my heart raced as i smiled. we both grabbed some bags and walked up to the front door.

he knocked on the door, biting his lip with a smile while we waited. his mom opened up with a smile larger than our. "hi!" she smiled, ignoring shawn and looking at me.

"it's nice to meet you, mrs. mendes," i blushed with a giggle, holding my hand out to shake hers. "please, call me karen." "are you sure?"

she nodded, giving shawn a big hug before helping us inside. it was about noon when we got there. "your dad is picking up aaliyah," she said to him. "of course, she had to stay at a friends house the day before."

"so, we're you guys planning to stay in shawns room, together?" she asked and i looked at shawn before answering. "i mean, whatever you want us to do." "i don't mind, just no fooling around."

i felt my face get hot as i laughed a little, tightening my ponytail. i smiled as shawn looked at me, but before he said anything, the front door opened.

"is shawn here, yet-" his younger sister stopped when she saw us sitting in the kitchen. "oh, hey."

shawn stood up and hugged her and their dad before looking at me. "this is regan." he smiled, proudly.

"hey, it's nice to meet you." i smiled wide with pink cheeks. aaliyah was only 11 but she looked a lot like shawn.

-

the five of us sat in his living room just talking and getting to know each other. when they talked, everyone seemed so invested. it was just heartwarming. i smiled, instinctively, taking in the assuring feeling.

"i think you fit in quite well." shawns mom smiled, leaning into the couch.

-
-
i wish meeting parents went like this in real life 😪

-lidia