2.

regan
june 16th, 2014
-

i sat on my bed listening to music when someone knocked on my door. "yeah?" i called out, looking over.

shawn opened my door with a small smile. "hey, i just wanted to know if you were actually hanging downstairs during the party or if you were gonna be in here."

my brother was throwing a big youtuber/ viner party tonight, basically celebrating their tour ending.

"um," i watched him play with the door handle. "yeah, i'll be down there. my friend marcel is coming, so."

"who's that?"

i raised an eyebrow. "my best friend. he just broke up with his boyfriend, so i invited him," he nodded, laughing. "i mean, if you're interested-"

"i'll see you tonight." he cut me off, laughing, and shut the door.
-
my downstairs was starting to fill up while i finished getting ready. marcel sat on my bed as i put on lipgloss. "so, i'm meeting shawn tonight?"

"you're meeting everyone."

"i know, but isn't shawn the special one?" i rolled my eyes. "marcel." "i'm just asking!"

i crossed my arms and turned around to face him. "he's my brothers 'best friend.' that is clearly off limits."

"nobody has to know."

"yeah, just some kid who's famous online," i said sarcastically, fixing my dress. "that can be hidden."

marcel shrugged, opening the door. "maybe." i shook my head with a smile, walking down the staircase.

i started introducing marcel to everyone, starting with the jacks. both gilinsky and johnson gave me a big hug considering i hadn't seen them since the last show. we greeted a couple more like matt and taylor before i saw shawn.

my stomach erupted in butterflies for no reason. i didn't 'like' him. him implying he had a crush on me shouldn't affect how i felt overnight.

"hey, i'm shawn," he introduced himself to marcel before turning to me. "you look really nice."

"oh, thanks," i felt my face heat up as i smiled at the ground. "so do you."

marcel smiled and rolled his eyes. "this is the saddest flirting i've ever seen."

"marcel-"

"i'm not trying to ruin my chances." shawn laughed, jokingly hitting his shoulder. i giggled, covering my face because i knew it was red.

the three of us talked for awhile before cameron, who was with a bunch of people, started calling for him. "shawn, come here for a sec." he motioned for him.

shawn nodded, giving me a look before hurrying over. "so you guys actually like each other?" marcel raised an eyebrow. "i almost thought you were joking because he's a whole babe."

"are you saying i couldn't get a whole babe?" i teased while we walked deeper into the kitchen. "no-" "nobody said they liked anybody. plus, i'm not like them! i can't date someone like him because he's literally only getting more famous."

marcel seemed to be ignoring everything i was saying. "oh my god! he can sing to you and write songs about you!"

"who can write songs?" gilinsky laughed, leaning on the counter next to me. i crossed my arms with a smile.

"nobody."

it seemed like he was ignoring me too because his eyes were roaming everyone in the room. i saw him look at someone in question then shake his head. "you're not cool enough to know him."

"what!" i asked, 'offended', while pushing his shoulder. still laughing, he looked around and when he saw shawn still talking to cameron, he looked at me.

"for real?" marcel looked at me with a smile and raised eyebrows as jack talked to me. "for real, what?" i asked. "shawn?"

i furrowed my eyebrows. "there was nobody to begin with!"

jack smiled, shaking his head. "hate to break it to you, rae, but that's shawn. aka, your brothers friend."

"hate to break it to you, but i never even said that i liked him. you just picked him randomly." he rolled his eyes, playfully.

"yeah, maybe. but if you do like him, remember." i rolled my eyes and watched him walk away.

i must've had a weird look on my face because marcel asked me what was wrong. "it's kinda strange that he knew, right? like, do you think this is some kinda joke."

he gave me an 'are you serious' look. "it's not strange. plus, your brother is anti-boyfriend for you. he wouldn't have any part of that."

"but-"

"and his friends wouldn't mess with you either- unless they want to have major issues with him." i sighed, looking over at shawn from across the room. " i should talk to him." "about what?"

i shrugged and started to walk over to him. shawn wasnt with my brother anymore, so if i'm gonna talk to him it has to be now.

"hey," i whispered with a smile. "can we talk for a second?"
-
lets be real, shawn IS a total babe.
continues in next chapter xx

allll the love
-lidia.