5.

regan
june 20th, 2014
-

i woke up due to the sun shinning through the curtains. i rubbed my eyes and rolled onto my stomach, the duvet on my bare back. i took a shower after shawn left and didn't even bother to do anything after.

i grabbed my phone to see texts from him.
-

shawn: just wanted to thank you for helping me finish my song
shawn: finished writing right when i got home
shawn: decided it was gonna be the first song i put out :)

me: that's great!!! i can't wait to hear it
-

i got out of bed and put on a big sweatshirt dress and spandex shorts. i washed my face and put my hair back in a low ponytail.

"cam?" i called out walking downstairs. when i saw everything still clean and untouched, i remembered he still wasn't home. i decided to facetime marcel to pass time.

"hey," i took a sip from my water. "what's up?"

marcel was still in bed. "you and shawn, to be honest. all the fan pages of you that i follow are bugging because you were out with him."

i raised my eyebrows and set my glass down. "what do you mean?"

"i mean, they all think you guys are dating," he looked at me through the screen. "but, like, are you?"

"what? no! i don't even think it's been a week."

marcel shrugged with a laugh. "but i support 100% okay, girly?" "yes, okay. just friends right now, though." marcel gave me the dirtiest look. "don't hit me with that 'just friends' bull shit, okay? people who are 'just friends' don't make out-"

i heard the door start to open. "okay, okay marcel. i have to go, cameron just got home." his eyes widened and hung up; but not before he started laughing.

"hey," he came in, looking tired. "how was the boardwalk."

"same as usual. how was whoever's house?" he smiled a little and nodded, meaning it was fine. after a little small talk i decided to bring up dating.

"did you see how shawn and i went live?" i asked and he nodded with his water. "obviously, people asked if we were together and we said no, because we're not even that close," i started.

"but i just wanted to know, how would you feel if i dated one of your friends?" he raised a single eyebrow.

"what kind of friend?" he asked. "like, magcon." "i don't have to think about how i feel, that's never happening."

i think he expected me to laugh because he looked at me weird. "why not?"

he crossed his arms. "i mean, why would you? they're like family." i nodded and finished my drink. after a couple of seconds, he started talking again. "does gilinsky like you or something?"

"what?" he continued. " i don't know, he asks about guys a lot." "he's just joking around, dude. he's talking to that madison girl."

cameron nodded with a smile. "so, did you know shawn wrote a whole song in basically one day?" i asked and he shook his head. "what's it called?" "i didn't ask."

"are you alright? you seem kind of annoyed." he asked, leaning on the counter.

"i think you're just tired."