Chapter 13: 5 mouths later

Start from the beginning

I smiled.
"How did you guess?" I asked, walking towards her.
"I don't know, maybe it was because your stressed look on your face or the fact that there was a livestream on YouTube from a tv company with the interview" she answered.
"I thought I saw a phone looking at me funny" I said, making her laugh.
She hugs me.
I looked at her confused.
"What was that for?" I asked.
She adjusted my glasses.
"It's very boring here by myself" she answered.
"Wasn't Nyx meant to be here?" I asked.
She played with my hair, which was longer than usual.
"She left, leading another attack or something" she said "I wasn't playing attention"
I rolled my eyes.
"Even though your hair was hot with it's purple: your natural black hair is cute" she said.
I laughed.
"Thanks Mayla" I replied.
She smiled.
"Now! Do you want to do a photo for your Instagram? To advertise your new album?" She asked, letting go of me.
"Yes photographer, ma'am!" I exclaimed "What do you want me to do?"
"Just look like you're writing song lyrics and I will take photos so sit!" She demanded.
I laughed and grabbed my black electric guitar.
"Okay" I replied, sitting on the couch.

Mayla took many photos of me on her phone; one literally right behind me, over top of me.
"Stay still" she said.
"Well when I have a guitar in my hand I have to-"
"Done! This one is the best one! What do you think?" She asked.
I looked on her phone and smiled.

"You've done it again Mayla" I said, making her smile

"What media do you want it on?" She asked, getting a pad paper and pen.
"Instagram, facebook and twitter" I replied.
"What caption?" She asks, writing the other stuff down.
"'Creating the thing I love: music. If you want to hear my solo album 'Out Loud', you can buy on iTunes and other providers. You can stream it on Spotify. Link in the bio.
Photographer: @Mayla_Reef'" I said.
She smiled.
"Done; I will post it in a second" she said and walked off "By the way, you owe me a dinner"
I rolled my eyes.
"I will; we can go out tonight!" I yelled as she walked off to her office.

I sighed, putting my guitar down.
I grabbed my mac laptop and waited for it to turn on.
I wonder how everyone at camp half-blood is going?
I assume the band members would have told them about me being Percy or something.
I hope Kristy is okay though, especially with Poseidon breathing down her neck.
I sighed as it came up the loading screen.
I have to organise to meet her.
Not only because I want to catch up with her, but also so the press can stop rumours about how the 'biggest band in the world broke up because of one some argument'
I rolled my eyes, typing in my password for the home screen to reveal a picture of Mayla

Not only because I want to catch up with her, but also so the press can stop rumours about how the 'biggest band in the world broke up because of one some argument'I rolled my eyes, typing in my password for the home screen to reveal a picture of ...

I smiled.
I really wanted to take a picture of her, trying to be like a professional photographer.
Mayla said I did well.
I'm so proud of myself.
Suddenly a Skype call came in: my manger Andy.
I answered it.
"Hey" I said "I was just about to email you"
He looked really excited.
Like more excited than when media declared Catalysic Waves the best band in the world.
"What?' I asked, confused.
"Your album has broken records" he said "You have already sold 400,00 copies; topping Adele's album and the recording company would like you to do a world tour"
I widen my eyes.
And I did the unmanly thing and screamed.
"Really?" I asked "You're not joking right?"
He nodded enthusiastically.
I notice Mayla came into the room, annoyed.
"What's going-"
"I'm going on tour again!" I exclaimed.
She smiled broadly.
"That's amazing Luke, you should be proud of yourself" Mayla said.
"I will meet up with you tomorrow and discuss this and start looking at dates, songs etc" Andy said and then ended the call.

I sighed, smiling like crazy.
"What?" She asked.
"Do you think it's appropriate to rub it in my old band's face?" I asked "I mean, they left me; they decided to stay with the Greeks and believe them"
Mayla sighed.
"If you really want to, just don't break down again" she said "I don't want you to end up like you were when they left"
I flinched.
That was a hard time.
I did some things I regret and no one would ever think me of doing.
"I'm sorry about that" I whispered "I'll try, you know how hard it is for me"
Mayla rubbed my back.
"As do all of your fans; you are a lucky man to have loyal fans who care for you" Mayla said.
I sighed.
"I know...but, there's always an urge or a feeling...I feel like I'll just go back into that hole again and never get out" I said truthfully.
"While I'm here, it won't happen, I promise" Mayla said.
I looked down.
"Want a hug?"
I nodded.
She got onto the couch with me and hugged me.
And boy, did it make me feel a little better.
But it won't take my mind off of the highly likely chance I'll see my old friends again.
...and it won't be good.