11 - Rules, and Boundaries (Part 2)

I sat in astonishment as I tried to process what Tori told me.
"I-I'm sorry, what?" I stuttered.
"Don't see anyone else. It'd be unfair, and unsafe for the both of us. I've been tested just recently at the gynecologist. She said she's noticed that I've been sexually active recently, but I'm clean. Are you?" She asked, buttoning up her jeans.
I nodded, "Tested before the auditions to Sikowitz's play. Negative."
"Alright. So, it's settled then?" She smiled before grabbing her bag.
"I'll see you later?" I nodded and watched quietly as she walked out the door.
What the fuck was that?! She acts like she wants me, but she's dodging the whole relationship thing. N-Not that I want a relationship, but it's more normal than being friends with benefits. I mean, there's nothing wrong with being friends with benefits with anyone, but to show that much affection and attraction towards someone must mean there's a deeper meaning to one's feelings.
The sound of the front door closing snapped me from my thoughts and I quickly got up to get ready for my hang out with my Dad.

I did some finishing touches on my brows before spraying some setting spray on my face and walking out with my bag. Jogging down the stairs, I got to the garage door only to see my Mom in the den reading by the window with her usual cup of tea.
"Where are you going, Jade?" She asked, keeping her eyes on the pages.
I hesitated before coming up with a lie.
"I-I, uhm, I'm going out to see Tori for some school project we need to do for method acting class."
"Alright, take care. I love you." She murmured back, turning to the next page.
"I love you, too, Mom."
I walked out to the garage and unlocked my car before getting in, and comfortable. Once I was buckled in, and had my phone on the magnetic hold, I drove out the garage through the open garage door and closed it behind me as I drove off the driveway.
I plugged the AUX into my phone and pressed shuffle. Daddy Issues by Demi Lovato started to play as drove into the night towards Santa Monica. I wonder why Mom has been trying to get me away from Dad for so many years. I mean, towards the end of their relationship we couldn't see eye to eye on many things including my wish to start a career in the music industry, but he's been nothing but nice lately. I guess he's been feeling terrible about all of this as well as having to face Mom who can be scary as fuck when pissed. Speaking of pissed, I passed Tori's house on the way to Santa Monica. Seeing her house made my head ache since she was being so confusing with me lately. Don't get me wrong, the sex is great, but she drives me insane. My thoughts were interrupted when I spotted the Ferris wheel practically in front of me. I parked in the lot and gathered my stuff before leaving my car and locking it behind me. Strapping on my bag, I walked down to the board walk and was greeted by many stored on the way there. Eventually, I got to Baker's and spotted my dad.
"Hey." I greeted.
He looked up from his phone and quickly shoved it in his pocket before smiling.
"Pumpkin! Come here." He hugged me and I hesitated before patting his back.
"Oh right, you're not a hug person." He chuckled.
"Yeah, do you wanna go grab frozen yogurt?" I asked. He nodded and we walked in the Baker's.

"So, you really shoved your ice cream up his nose?" My Dad asked in shock mid laughter.
"Yeah, he was being annoying, and I was tired from hearing him ramble on about the new Pear laptops with adjustable screens." I smirked.
"Boy, did you get that from me." He chuckled. He checked his phone and looked back at me.
"Jade, I'll be back, I just need to get a friend I want you to meet and I'll be right back!" He smiled. I nodded, and immediately got a phone call as my Dad walked away.
Mom
Fuck, okay maybe she just wants to check up on me. I can tell her I'm out with Tori.
"Hello?"
"Hello, Jade. Where are you?" She asked with a calm tone. Okay she probably thinks I'm still with Tori.
"Oh, I'm just at Tori's. We're finishing up on the project and I'll come back home in a bit." Nailed it.
"Really? Because Tori happens to be here looking for you and says you don't have any homework since classes will be over in a couple of weeks for the summer!" Oh shit.
"Look, Mom I don't want you to fr--"
"Freak out?! Jade, you've never lied to me before and you had no reason to since you do as you wish anyways! Where the hell are you, Jade?!"
I sighed, "Okay, I'm out at the Santa Monica pier. Dad wanted to meet up for frozen yogurt an--"
"Excuse me?" She asked, her voice dangerously low.
"W-What?" I asked, my heart pounding anxiously.
"You're with your father?"
"Yeah, I-I guess?"
"Jadelyn West! Get your ass home now before he does something to you this instant!" She shouted. I'm in serious trouble. My Mom never swears and when she does she's extremely mad.
"M-Mom what's the issue? I'm just with Dad, what's he gonna do to me?" I asked.
"Jade, don't ask questions and get home right now, I swear to God I'm gonna fucking kill him when I get my hands on him, get home now and I'll explain everything when you get here." She explained angrily.
"Mom, everything is fine I--"
"Jade, this is my friend, Phillip. Do you remember him?"
I turned around to face my Dad and n who looked very familiar.
"Jade! Did I hear a Phillip?! JADE GET HOME NOW!"
I snapped out of my shock and started to feel fear. I haven't felt this since I was 12... I don't know why, but this man has something to do with it.
Before I could even run away, a black van quickly drove down to us blocking our way. My vision was quickly covered with some type of bag and someone was holding on to my hands so I couldn't run away.
"Dad! What the fuck is happening?! WHERE ARE YOU TAKING ME?!" I shouted angrily trying not to panic.
"I-I'm sorry, Jade. I j--"
"SHUT UP! Well, aren't you the famous Jade!" Another man spoke.
"What are you gonna do to me?! Let me go!" I pleaded angrily as I sat on the van's floor. My hands were tied behind my back and my vision still blinded by whatever was on my head.
"Let's just say if your father doesn't give me the money, then I get what you used to give your ex-boyfriend, Beck." He spat. I started to try to wriggle out of the rope that tied my hands together but it was too tight.

Back at the West Residency...

"Yes, I'm certain he's the one that took her along with a friend of his, Phillip Jensen." Sally Jones confirmed.
"Alright, and how can you confirm this?" Detective Vega asked as he held on to his notepad.
"By the call. I'm pretty sure the government records our calls. She stated that she was with her Father, then I heard him introduce Phillip to her in the background before I heard screaming then the line cutting off." She tried her best to swallow down the lump in her throat that caused tears to form, but failed as a sob escaped her lips.
"I'm so sorry, Mrs. Jones. We promise, we will bring her back safely. Do you have any information on her father and this Jensen person along with where they met?" Detective Peterson, Tori's Dad's partner asked.
"I still have a the restraining order copy that I filed against her father. Also a statement from myself and the police a few years ago that my ex-husband... That my ex-husband..." She trailed off as the memories came rushing through her head overwhelming her.
"Mrs. Jones? We need to know more about the suspects to state the severity of this case back at the station and possibly to post an amber alert." Officer Vega explained.
"My ex-husband... He-He raped my baby girl." And with that the tears streamed like a rough waterfall.