6 - The Hills

I prepared this long chapter for you guys! I hope you enjoy, BTW Nathan 's played by Tom Ellis!
_____________________________________

Even though I haven't done anything wrong, I now know why a lot of criminals feel tense. There are cops with guns, and metal expandable batons that hurt like a mother fucker when you get hit by one of them. I would know because I own one.
I chuckled at the thought, and waited for the officer to come. Soon enough, a tall man with thinning grey hair, a beer belly and his uiform and sat down in front of us.
"Good afternoon, Mrs. Jones, Miss West. " He nodded. "So, I would like to get a statement from you, Mrs. Jones and if you'd like to press charges for the breaking and entering, and the premeditated attempt of assault. " He explained to my mother.
She just nodded, and he pressed record on a tiny voice recorder.
"May 22nd of 2015. Final statement by Sally Jones accompanied by her daughter on the BNE case with premeditated attempt of assault. Mrs. Jones.. "He nodded to my mom.
My mom started her statement and explained what happened as well, until I remembered what he told me.
"Wait! " I exclaimed.
They both stopped, and looked over at me.
"Yes, Ms. West? "
"He - He told me something strange before I beat him in self-defense with the crowbar. "I started.
"And what did he say?"
"He asked if I was Jade, then he said 'No wonder he wanted you. And you had light brown hair at 9 to 11? '" I explained.
My Mom's breath stopped, and she turned to me.
"Did you know him?" She asked, her voice shaking.
I just shook my head, and soon enough the police man took her aside leaving me at the desk.
Tori came over to me, and sat in front of me.
"Hey, I brought you coffee. "She sighed, handing me my cup.
"Thanks. "I nodded, and drank. The warm, slightly sweetened beverage brought back some energy in me from this experience.
"Ist there anything you'd like me to do or bring for you? " She asked with a concerned look on her face.
"No, I just... I just wanna stay with my Mom. "
She nodded, and soon enough left to go home.

We leave the station with my Mom, and I drive us back home.
"What happened back there at the station, mom? " I asked.
"Huh? Oh, nothing. Just confirmed that I wanted to press charges. "She answered, picking at her nails.
Glancing at her for a second, I noticed she was oddly quiet.
"Mom, are you sure? " I asked. She nodded, staring out the window. I sighed and once we stopped at a red light, I got on Spotify and clicked on the 90's playlist I had. Clicking on Crazy In Love by Beyonce, I nudged my Mom's elbow.
"Mom, this is your jam, lighten up! We're okay! " I smiled. Her frown turned upside down and next thing you know, I'm driving with my Mom who was singing along to the whole song with me.

In the middle of the song, her phone rang loudly. I kicked the volume down, and let her speak.
"Hello?..Jacob! " I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, no I'm fine... Who?... What?!  I'm on my way home with Jade... Bye."
I sighed, "What happened? "
"Your father happened. "She groaned.
My heart skipped faster.
"Dad's home?"
"Yeah, and he's causing trouble for Jacob back at the house, darling please go a little bit faster. "She pleaded.
"No, Dad's doing a good job. Who is this Jacob guy? Where'd you meet him? " I interrogated angrily.
"Jade West! I'm your mother, and I have the right to go out with whoever I want. Now, I know that you don't like Jacob, but your father and I will never get back together and that is final. " I drove faster to the park where I used to go to with my Dad, and broke hard by the grass. My Mom's seatbelt broke the sudden breaks, and she sat in shock.
"JADE! W-"
I cut her off by slamming the door behind me. My cigarettes and lighter in hand, I walked in the playground and sat on the swings, lighting a cigarette up.
Halfway through the cigarette, my Mom comes up to me and sits next to me without saying a word.
"I know this can be hard for you still. I mean we divorced a long time ago and I know you wanna be like your friends who have a complete family,  but you should know that sometimes there are some things that are not meant to be. " She explained softly.
"I know, "I sighed turning my head to her. "I just feel like you and Dad separated because of me, because of the way I act. "
My Mom frowned and shook her head before wrapping her arms around me.
"No, sweetie. It's not your fault. Also, if you stopped acting the way you did we'd be concerned, not relieved. "
I laughed and it's been a whole day of just pressure so it felt good.