She sighed and continued, "But he's sweet right now isn't he? He's always smiling at you and making you laugh," I nodded again because she was right. Niall was nothing but kind these past few days.

"But you don't know, but he gets mean. Scary." I noticed her hands hide under her sweater nervously, "I just want you to be careful, okay?"

She touched my arm for a second before she froze. I looked up to see Niall entering the shop, his eyes scanning around until he saw me. He smiled, but it faded as he saw Ari.

She mumbled a 'sorry' as she kept her head down and left the shop quietly. "What was that about?" Niall tried to laugh and lighten the mood.

I felt chills. Actual goosebumps as Niall hugged me. They weren't butterflies and rainbows, it was cold and frightening. Could Niall really hurt me?

I decided to not overthink it, maybe she could be a jealous girlfriend. Niall wouldn't, he would never hurt me.

But my belief was slowly slipping away.

-

"Alright, your teachers have put you in my hands for whatever you've done to piss them off," The tall, balding man announced. He looked tired and like he hated being here as much as the rest of us.

It was just Niall and I, along with this guy covered in tattoos and a girl with thick glasses in a plaid skirt.

"Just use these pickers to clean up the park and once you've finished this section you can go home." He handed us these claw things and we got to work.

I mindlessly put the empty water bottles and paper into the trash bag, it seemed like an hour had passed by. I turned my head to see Niall actually cleaning. His eyebrows were all furrowed and he was concentrated on what he was doing.

I walked over to him and poked his butt cheek with my stick. "Ow," he rubbed his bum and turned around. "I'm tired and bored," I whined because it was kind of cold and I just wanted to be home already. To see my family.

"Well, sorry babe, I can't control Lia-Professor Payne's controlling stuff," Niall tugged and fixed on his snapback, it had a red bull on it and remembered it the team my dad loved. Chicago Bulls.

I just laughed at Niall because 'stuff' was very vague and Niall-like. "Look at the couple over there," Niall had nudged me and nodded in the direction of the two other kids with us. The tattoo man and the glasses girl.

"They aren't a couple." I scoffed, because I was 100% sure they had just met today. But once I looked at the two, it was different. She was leaning back against a tree, while he had his hands at the side of her head. They honestly looked like a very odd couple.

"They're like you and me." Niall smiled. I raised an eyebrow at him, "You wish you had those many tattoos."

Niall just nodded and agreed, "I want to get a tattoo." I kind of gasped at the thought because Niall was pale, skinny, and completely clean of any tattoos. I couldn't imagine him with a single one.

"Oh really?" I laughed, "What would you get if you had one?" I started to pick up some more bottles because maybe we could be done soon.

"I don't know yet...But if I get one you should come with me," Niall looked down as he played around with a piece of trash on the floor. I always liked how he would get a bit nervous. It was opposite of his confident personality.

"Yeah definitely," I smiled to reassure him. We seemed about done now, so we returned our sticks and said our goodbyes. Niall offered to walk me to my dorm, which I didn't really have a say in.

I walked into my dorm and assumed Niall would come in and automatically make himself at home but now he was weary and stood awkwardly at the door. "You gonna come in?"

I has dragged my black suitcase out from under my bed and began packing in my clothes as Niall sat down on Olivia's bed. He was quiet, his eyes just watching over me.

"Um, are you going anywhere for the break?" I had tucked my hair behind my ear, looking at him for an answer.

"Uh, no. I wasn't planning on it. Thanksgiving isn't really celebrated in Ireland," He tried to crack a joke, but his smile faded quickly. "So you're just going to stay here on campus? Alone?" I pouted a bit.

Niall shrugged, "It'll be fine." I struggled to pull my suitcase off of my bed since it was bit heavy. Niall got up to help me as he easily lifted the suitcase on the ground. "Don't worry about me."

I didn't really know what to say back, but I mumbled a 'thanks'. Niall insisted on dragging my suitcase so I brought along my carry on.

"Wait," I held Niall back. I won't regret this decision. It'll be fun. He won't do anything wrong. He won't hurt you.

"Come with me, please?" He probably wasn't taking me seriously, because he kept walking and shrugged. "Come on. I don't want you to be all alone here." Niall finally cracked a smile,

"Thanks, Sophia. Really."

ok long story short niall loves his family a lot but he never gets to see them so Sophia bringing him home means a lot to him bc girls don't really do that cause he's not the 'meet your mother' guy.

and pretend this is in america

also I made a trailer go watch it!!!