Chapter 1

A/N

OMG I GOT ONE VIEW

XD

==================================

The Rose/Xiao Long Residence

Ruby groaned as the dreaded alarm clock rang out obnoxiously. She poked out an arm from beneath, lunging at the clock's usual spot, besides her bed. However, all she accomplishes is slamming her pinky into the table.

Ruby grimaced. Making a great effort to lift her heavy eyelids, she spots the damn clock on the window sill, just out of her reach. She lets out a stream of unladylike cursing.

Yang barges in through the door.

"Ruby! It's our first day! You need to get up!" Yang berated her half-conscious sister.

"Come on! 5 more minutes..." Ruby mumbled as she began to drift off again.

Yang sighed. "We got a new batch of cookies."

Upon hearing 'cookies', Ruby sprang out of bed and rushed downstairs, chanting her war cry of 'COOKIES!'

Yang rolled her eyes and followed suit.

Y/N's PoV

I look at the clock. 7:30 am. I would have time. I fiddled with my collar a little in the inn mirror.

I was in my usual attire. A F/C trench coat, over a white shirt and black pants. Checking out early, I go to my favorite breakfast place. I would miss this place after I head to beacon. The food was tasty, simple and is a reasonable price. I sigh unhappily as I hand over one of my last liens. I'm glad I took Ozpins up on his offer.

Timeskip brought to you by Chibi Y/N waking up before his alarm clock...

Ruby's PoV

Me and Yang board the bullhead that would be taking us to Beacon Academy. I looked around, scanning for any faces that I know. Not that there were many of them.

Y/N's PoV

As I board the last bullhead, cursing under my breath at my own tardiness, I find a spot near the back of the rows. As I settle in for the long trip, I freeze.

They were there. My sis-Ruby and Yang. I sigh dejectedly and look out the window, hoping they don't notice me.

Timeskip brought to you by chibi Y/N reading this story...

As I dismount the bullhead, carrying what little luggage I have, I see a clump of people up ahead. It was Weiss Schnee, the one and only heir to the Schnee dust company. I wander off to the side to avoid drawing attention.

"Do you have any idea the damage you could cause with this?" Weiss yells with a tube of dust in her hand, presumably taken from Ruby.

As Schnee berates Ruby, I try to make my way through the crowd. However, Ruby, covered in dust, unwisely sneezes. As if on cue, the dust explodes.

"See, this is what I was talking about! Why is someone like you here? Aren't you too young?" Weiss' yelling trails off as I move along.

Seconds later, she storms past me, looking annoyed.

If this is the first day, I don't want to imagine what the rest of my time here.

3rd person PoV

Eventually, everyone filters into the auditorium, and Professor Ozpin starts to make a speech. Everyone formed a 2-metre circle around Weiss.

Ozpin: " I'll... keep this brief. You have traveled here today in search of knowledge, to hone your craft and acquire new skills, and when you have finished, you plan to dedicate your life to the protection of the people. But I look amongst you, and all I see is wasted energy, in need of purpose, direction. You assume knowledge will free you of this, but your time at this school will prove that knowledge can only carry you so far. It is up to you to take the first step."

He steps off the podium, and Glynda Goodwitch takes his place.

"You are to gather in the ballroom tonight. Tomorrow, your initiation begins. You are dismissed." Goodwitch commanded.

Timeskip brought to you by chibi Weiss yelling at chibi Ruby...

2nd person PoV

You decide to skip whatever was happening in the ballroom and talk to Ozpin. There were many subjects at hand.

You stride into Ozpin's office uninvited.

"For the last time, notify me before you barge in." Ozpin moaned.

You raise an eyebrow. "I thought you would've learnt to expect me by now."

"Your expectations are too high." Ozpin grumbled.

"Anyway, what's happening tomorrow?"

"We're sending them into the Emerald forest to retrieve relics."

"So... team-building?"

"Pretty much."

"Anything fun?"

"If killing Grimm and trekking through swamps counts, then yes, there's lots of fun."

"I...see. Well, I have business to attend to."

"You mean you're gonna go fuck around?" Ozpin says with a grin.

"You know me too well for your own good."

"Besides that, Y/N...there's something you'll want to check out in that forest." Ozpins face reverted to its original, serious state.

You hesitantly nod.

"I'll see you around, old man." You take the elevator for once. How unlike me, you thought.

"I really wish he would stop calling me that." Ozpin exclaimed, never letting you get the last word.

======================================

A/N

Sorry for the boring chapter guys. Had to get it done.

Anyway, harem lineup is getting released soon.

800 something words of boredom.

Peace.