it's a date ; hwang hyunjin

Start from the beginning

"Are you two dating? You look perfect for each other," the man whispered to me and gave me a pat on the head. I blushed furiously and shook my head, saying 'no' over and over again.

The man chuckled. "I wish you two would be together. You two would be perfect for each other since you get along so well. And if you do get together, don't let him go; I can tell he's a keeper." he said.

I nodded, chuckling. "I just wish it were to be like that."

Our conversation was cut short when Hyunjin screamed again, jumping up and down like a little kid as he pointed at the pole. I turned my head and saw that he had shot three hoops out of five, that means he did it!

"You did it!" I exclaim, clapping my hands.

He laughed and gathered me in his arms, hugging me tightly as he jumped up and down, leaving me no choice but to jump along since he's so tall—5'10" for goodness sake.

"Yay!" he said excitedly and kissed the top of my head, taking me aback.

However he pulled away, and looked at the man. He was smiling as he nodded.

"Pick one as your prize," the man said.

Hyunjin smiled at me and swung an arm around my shoulder, squeezing my upper arm. I smiled and scanned the toys available, before finally choosing a penguin stuffed toy that the man handed me. I took the stuffed animal gratefully as Hyunjin and I bowed before we walked away.

"Thanks Hyunjin." I say, putting my head on his shoulder as we walk around the amusement park, the surroundings glowing more as nightfall arrives.

"Anything for you." he kissed my forehead again and I blushed.

This isn't something best friends do.

"So, what would the princess like to do?" he asks with a grin as he keeps his arm around me.

"I don't know..." I say, shrugging my shoulders. "What do you suggest?"

"Let's go to the Ferris wheel."

◾◾◾◾◾

"Woah, it's beautiful."

I awed as I scanned my surroundings, admiring the stars that embellished the night sky beautifully. Hyunjin chuckled and looked at the view, closing his eyes as he took a deep breath.

"Yes it is, but it's about to get better."

I looked at him, confused. "What do you mean?"

He only smiled at me and opened his eyes, scooting closer to me until our shoulders bumped against each other.

I felt blood rising to my cheeks as my ears started to heat up. Rubbing my hands together, I stuffed them inside the pockets of my hoodie to keep them warm.

Hyunjin must've noticed my actions since he took my hands and enclosed them in his own, smiling at me.

"Three..." he counted.

"Wait—what?" I say.

"Two..."

"Wait what's happening?"

"One."

Fireworks then started to light up the sky, all bursting in different, vibrant colors. My eyes widened as I felt the corners of my mouth turn up in a smile, admiring the sky.

"Wow...it's beautiful." I smile.

"Do you like them?" Hyunjin said quietly.

I turned around to look at him, "Did you arrange this?"

He nodded shyly, looking down at our clasped hands.

I smile, feeling happy. I removed my hands from his grip and placed them on his cheeks, squeezing them gently.

"No need to be shy, Hyunjin. I've known you for like...your whole life and honestly, seeing you this adorable is a foreign feeling to me...makes me only fall for you more." both our eyes then widened at what I have said.

Aww...shit.

The shy Hyunjin went away and was instantly replaced with the cocky Hyunjin. The corners of his lips tugged upward in a smirk, and I removed my hands from his cheeks as I turned away from him.

"You like me?" he says.

I could practically see him smirking at me. I roll my eyes.

"Yeah, I like you. More than a best friend should, honestly. More like, I love you." I say, still looking away.

I was caught off-guard when his arms snaked around my waist and pulled my body to his chest, placing his head on my shoulder as his lips touched my hair.

"I love you too, (Y/N). I've been throwing hints at you since high school, how can you not notice that?" he pouted slightly.

I giggled and placed my hands on top of his. "I'm happy to know that. And you know me, I'm a bit dense when it comes to these things."

He chuckled and kissed my cheek.

"I love you." he said.

"I love you too, Hyunjin."

"By the way..." he starts.

"Hmm?"

"What's the penguin's name?"

"Tristan."

"Why?"

"Because."

◾◾◾◾◾

Vote, comment, share!

- pealix_lee 💖