sixty four

"john? you alright?" sherlock asked over the phone. he knew that john never called mid day. he only called at nights or early in the morning.

"no," john's voice cracked.

"what's wrong?"

"my mum." john said softly, instantly breaking down.

"hey, hey," sherlock said calmingly, "take deep breaths, love. just take deep breaths and tell me what happened. okay?"

"okay," john sobbed, sucking in a deep breath. it took a few minutes, but soon john had stopped crying and was more focused on his breathing. "she was admitted to the hospital last night cause she had overdosed and she died this morning." he said then there was silence. "she's dead, sherlock. my mother's dead." he said then sniffled.

"oh." sherlock said softly.

"can you come here?" john asked, his voice cracking again.

"i can't. you know that."

"my mum's fucking dead i'm allowed visitors."

"yeah. of course i'll come up."

"can you tell sean and marie too? and ask them to come here as well?"

"i will, yeah. we'll be there in the morning."

"okay," john cried softly.

"i love you," sherlock whispered.

john sniffled and took a deep breath. "i love you, too." he said softly before hanging up.

sherlock sighed and stuffed his phone back into his pocket, heading back into his class and collecting his things, ignoring the stares from his fellow peers and his professor.