fifty

the large chesnut door opened and sherlock stood there, with john's rugby hoodie on a hig baggy sweat pants on. john looked at his face a saw his red eyes and the expression on his face. he was crying.

"why are you here?" sherlock asked, his voice cracking.

john walked up the front steps and went to hug sherlock, put he put a hand out. "sherlock, come on." he begged.

"why are you here?" he asked a bit forcefully, the tears rolling down his cheeks.

john saw it in sherlock's face that he was regretting this. that he wanted to see john, he wanted john to hold him again. he was just angry at him. john pulled sherlock in for a hug, no matter how much he tried to fight it, john held him close and sherlock calmed down, hugging john back. sherlock gripped onto him tightly, then pulled him into the house, letting john go for a second to close the door. john thought he was going in for another hug, but he kissed him instead and john kissed back.

"will you stay?" sherlock asked softly once he pulled away from the kiss. "will you stay until you have to leave?"

john nodded. "i leave tomorrow though."

sherlock kissed him again. "don't say that, please."

john nodded and kissed sherlock back, wrapping an arm around his waste as he pushed him back to the living room.