Heading off to school

We arrived at school and I had a feeling these four years were going to be interesting. Lexie and Diego ended up at different schools. Good thing for FaceTime. At least we could still chat with each other.

As for Zander and me, we started off in separate dorms but eventually ended up moving into an apartment. Yes he was still a cheesehead and we still watched romantic movies.

As for what he decided to do, it wasn't until I found him in one of my classes that I realized what he decided on. I walked over to him and tapped him on the shoulder. He turned around and smirked at me.

"Isn't there something else you could have done?"

"And miss spending time with you? Yeah I don't think so," he replied. I just shook my head. Yes, Zander decided to become a wedding planner with me.

Zane thought it was a bit foofoo but I found it romantic. Dad thought it was ridiculous. Our fathers have no sense of romance. I think they lost it after we came along.

Zander and I worked towards our degree and with a job lined up when we graduated.

In the process, he proposed to me. I have to say, he did do his own way. I walked into the apartment, "Zander?!" Nothing. That was odd. "Cheesehead?!"

"In the bedroom!" Of course now he answers me. I went to the hallway and saw rose petals on the floor leading to the bedroom. I followed them and there he was on bended knee. I walked up to him as he held out a ring.

"Avery Summer Foster, I know we started not liking each other, well you hated me but I liked you

"Avery Summer Foster, I know we started not liking each other, well you hated me but I liked you."

I giggled at that as I tried to hold back tears as Zander continued.

"Then one day it took me to watch romantic movies to figure things out. We started to get to know each other then fell in love. It wasn't until I woke up in the hospital that I realized you stayed when others would have left. At that moment, I knew deep down you were the only one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. Will you do me the honor of being my forever?"

I couldn't hold back any more and started to cry. He looked at me with concern.

"Yes cheesehead, I will marry you," I said through tears.

"Eh, I'll take it," he said standing up and picking me up. He twirled me around then kissed me.

Once he set me down, he slid the ring on my finger after removing my promise ring. Then we decided to FaceTime our parents.

"Guess whose engaged?!" We both said as I held up my hand revealing the ring.

Our moms screamed in delight. Zane yelled at Goldie for making him deaf and in dad's words, "oh great. I'm getting a cheesehead for a son-in-law." Leave it to dad to ruin a moment.

We talked for a while then signed off. Zander wrapped his arms around me as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I was thinking that after we graduate, I know the perfect wedding planners," he said to me.

I gave him a look, "are they romantic?"

"Very."

"Then I think I will like these wedding planners," I smiled as he smiled back. He gave me a kiss.

This was going to be an interesting next few years for us.

********
Being engaged to Zander was amazing. He was still my cheesehead but a romantic cheese head. When it came to Valentine's day, Christmas and our birthdays, he made them special.

Who knew we would end up here? Would I change it? Not one bit because he changed my perception about romance. Romance in the movies is nice but real life romance is so much better. It just took me to Take A Chance to realize It Takes Two to make the perfectly imperfect romantic couple.

For that I couldn't have asked for a better partner in crime.

Get ready because the final two chapters are coming in Take A Chance.