Time to eat crow

I arrived at Zander's house and decided not to knock on the door. The last thing I needed was to explain myself to his parents. I decided to do the alternate route and climb a tree.

As I worked my way up the tree, I got to a branch that led to the roof. I shimmied my butt across it only to fall and hang upside down while hanging on with my legs and hands.

"Why do they make this look so easy in the movies?" I grumbled to myself as I inched to the room. I threw my foot on the shingles trying to get a footing. I really need to start working out more.

I inched some more until I got to the room and climbed on, only to lose my footing and fall, grabbing a hold of the ledge. As I dangled from the room I heard his dad say, "Goldie?! Did you hear anything?!"

"Zane are you high again?!"

"Woman! I'll give you high!"

Never took Zander's dad for a pothead. I guess you learn something new everyday.

I finally shimmied my butt up only to get a massive wedgie. These were so not the pants to wear for this. After digging for gold I crept around and found his window.

I looked in and wait, what? Was he watching a romantic movie? I stood up, "why is he watching romantic movies?" I thought about it then thought about the things he did, then it hit me. That dirty low down cheesehead.

I got down by his window and tapped. Nothing. Then I tapped again. Nothing. Finally I banged on it.

He sat up and turned to see me at the window. I waved and smiled then glared. He rolled his eyes.

"Zander! Open up!"

He got up and walked over to the window. He opened it, "dare I ask why you decided to become a stalker?"

"Well, I sent you a text, you left me on seen. I called and you sent me to voicemail. So stalker it is," I said emphatically.

What do you want Avery," he asked me.

"I wanted to apologize for jumping to conclusions," I said sincerely.

"Well, I have a trampoline, would you like to borrow it?"

"No."

"You sure about that?"

"I'm positive," I said through gritted teeth.

He looked at me with a bored look.

"Look, I'm sorry. I know I shouldn't have taken things out of context. I mean, I'm not very good at this," I rolled my eyes.

"No shit Sherlock," he retorted.

"Hey! I'm trying to apologize but I'm also curious to know, when did you start watching romantic movies?" I pointed at the tv.

He got up and clicked off the movie. I climbed in through his window. He turned around, "who said you can come in here?"

"You weren't going to let me stay out there, were you?"

"Well, gee I don't Avery. Why should I let you in? I mean weren't you the one that said you should have know better about me?"

"How many times do I need to apologize?"

"For as long as it takes," he said with a look.

"Okay. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I was an idiot! I judged you! I made you feel bad! I didn't hear you out! What more do you want me to say?!"

"I don't know," he shrugged.

I furrowed my brows.

"Just like you have this ideal about someone, so do I," he said to me.