Love Potion #9: A Valentine's day chapter

I was feeling better and wanted to do something special for Avery. Being our first Valentine's day together I decided to enlist some help. I really hope she likes it.

********
Avery's POV

I woke up and looked around. What the hell? I was covered with teddy bears. I pushed them off and got out of bed only to trip and fall. Freaking cheesehead. I know he had something to do with this.

My door opened and dad looked at me weird, "is there a reason why you're lying around with a bunch of teddy bears?"

"Zander," I said with a forced smile.

"I see, then you probably don't want to see what's downstairs," he thumbed out of the hallway.

I scrambled to get up, only to trip on my way out. Once I was able to get out from the heap of teddy bears, I went downstairs to see the entire living room full of roses. I had no words right now.

"I got to hand it to him, that boy sure learned a thing or two from all those movies you both watched," mom smiled.

I just looked at her as she laughed.

Then came a knock at the door. I went to answer it and there was a guy holding a huge, heart shaped box of candy.

"Avery Foster?"

"Yes?" I looked at him a bit strange.

"Okay, I have to say this per request. My dearest Avery, here is a big heart for you because my heart beats only for you. Zander," the delivery guy said in the most unromantic tone ever. "Here." He shoved the box at me.

That guy must lead a very lonely life.

I closed the door and walked in, dragging the box of candy, causing mom to laugh and dad to look at me strangely.

"I'm guessing Zander," he asked.

"Who else?" I forced a smile, which promptly disappeared.

"Hunny, I got to hand it to him, that boy really cares about you," dad reasoned.

"I know. But he didn't have to do all this. Just a simple card and flower would do," I said simply. The truth was I was just happy to have Zander here, especially everything he went through.

"So, I guess you don't want this," I heard a voice say behind me. I turned and saw him standing there. He was holding a necklace with a heart locket. I dropped the box of candy and walked over to him. Mom promptly picked it up and opened it.

I took the locket from him and opened it. Inside was a picture of Zander and me.

It was from our first date

It was from our first date. A smile grew upon my lips as I looked at it. On the other side was my parents.

I could not love him more than I did right now

I looked at him and gave him a kiss.

He didn't hesitate to kiss me back

He didn't hesitate to kiss me back. Then dad broke up our mini make out session. He placed a hand on both our foreheads, pushing us apart, "okay, that's quite enough."

"Dad," I groaned.

"You'll thank me later Avery," he said as he stood there. Nothing like dad ruining the moment.

I rolled my eyes at him, "so did you like my gifts?" He smirked.

"Sure. Every girl loves waking up to a toy store, a floral shop and some unhappy delivery guy," I said with a look.

"I figured I wanted to show my appreciation," he winked.

"Next time, a romantic comedy and dinner will do just nicely," I reminded him.

"No problem he said as he pulled out the movie Love Potion #9. Of course." I couldn't help but laugh.

Ethan helped dad move the flowers, while mom took care of the teddy bears along with the candy. Figures. Zander and I ordered pizza then sat down and watched the movie.

I didn't need any elaborate day, just a day with him. That's what mattered the most to me.

********
I wanted to go crazy for Avery. Yeah I might have gone overboard with all the romantic crap but she was completely worth it.

To me it was important. Most girls would have bolted when they found out about having heart surgery or me being sick. Not Avery. She stayed.

When I look back on how I use to tease her just to get her attention and how she kept giving me a hard time, I almost ended up giving up on her. I figured she truly wasn't interested in me.

When she slapped me because of what someone else did, it hurt to have her think I would do that. I would never try and humiliate her. Tease? Yes. Humiliate? No.

The minute we kissed, something deep down stirred in me. I felt things, I never felt before and it scared the living hell out of me. I didn't know what to make of it, but I wanted to find out. It just took a little bit of work. I am so glad I watched those movies.

Now sitting here with my arms around her, looking at the necklace that was placed around her neck, I felt it was fitting, considering she was my heart.

"Oh, I forgot something," she said getting up and running upstairs. I paused the movie. I sat there until she returned, holding something in her hand.

She took a seat next to me and handed me what was in her hand. I took it and held it up. It was a chain and on it was an angel. I gave her a look.

"I tried to figure out what I wanted to get you. I know it's not manly or anything, but sometimes we need an angel to help us through a rough time. To watch over us and know we are never alone," he smiled.

"The thing is, I already have an angel," I said to her.

"You do?" She looked at me confused.

"Yeah, you," I smiled as I saw her face contort to surprise and her cheeks turn a faint pink. "Avery I love it and I love you." I leaned over and gave her a kiss. Then I put the necklace on. Yeah it might not be manly but who cares. Someone I love gave me something special and for that, it meant everything.

This is by far the best first Valentine's day I ever had and it was thanks to Avery.