[ 24 ] ㅡ anpanman

A slight series of taps had successfully regained me back to my consciousness, disturbing my awful sleep. I wasn't able to get a good night doze off, thinking about the humiliation that happened on the kitchen and how I could make Yoongiya's mum love me all night. And now, I'm being bugged off by someone this early? What the hell?

"Shit. What do you want?" I groggily grumbled, turning around. "Shit!" I cussed again, getting up in no time. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry, ma'am," I apologized, standing up and bowing a lot of times. "Jwisonghamnida. Jeongmal jwisonghamnida. Yongseohaseyo," I repeated, asking for an apology. I automatically felt energized, confirming that I'm not sleepy anymore. Like who wouldn't be able to be awaken this instant after cursing in front of your beloved mother-in-law by complete accident? Oh my god, of all people! Oh my god! That's it. I'm already ruined. Fuck this life! Fuck it! Can somebody rewind the time or can somebody just simply eradicate me out of this world?

"Prepare yourself. We're leaving in ten minutes to the market," she coldly said.

"Waeyo?"

"We'll shop for ingredients on today's menu at the restaurant and tomorrow's my son's birthday. Some relatives are coming over. You can't cook. That's the least thing you could do," she scoffed, marching back outside, not waiting for me to bow down again. Damn, I screwed up again. When will I do something right in front of her once? This is bullshit.

When her mum opened the door, she looked like she saw a ghost outside. I took a peek and it's Yoongiya, looking like someone who just clearly got out of bed. Yeah, we didn't sleep on the same room. He slept at his brother's. It's been vacant for a long time already since his hyung's been married. It has already its own family to go home to.

Plus, her mum made a clear prohibitive instruction of us sleeping together in the same room.

"Omo! You scared me," ahjumma exclaimed, holding her heart. "Wow, you're already up," she remarked with full surprise.

"Obviously. Yeah, eomma," he replied drowsily, sliding himself in my room as her mum was eyeing him with weird glances before she left, closing the door.

"Yeah, your up. Wow. How?" I bantered, running to the bathroom to wash my face and gurgle some mouthwash. I noticed that the dye is gradually losing its color. But the good thing is, the unwanted visitor of all the ladies out there already head out completely. Thank God!

"Anpanman must get up earlier," he idly answered from the bedroom.

"Daebak, did you know that your mum's taking me with her to the market?" I yelled back from the bathroom.

"No but hyung gave me a heads up, telling me that eomma might bring you to the market. Hyung said that mum likes to do these things with her daughters-in-law," he simply responded.

"Does that mean your mum likes me now, jagiya?" I queried, using the tone of hope.

There was a great moment of silence before he generated a reply. "Hmm, eomma might be tagging you along with her just like what she did to noona. But the only difference is eomma likes hyung's wife and it's otherwise to mine."

I frowned, facing the mirror for one last time. "Then, why is she taking me with her?"

"That, aegi. I do not know."

Since ten minutes isn't enough to clean myself throughly, I decided to just take a bath later after we get back from the market. I took off my pajamas and went outside, seeing jagiya leaning on the headboard. He whistled when he saw me only with my crop top shirt and white panties, causing for me to roll my eyes at him playfully. "It's not like you're seeing this for the first time," I mumbled, pulling out a pair of loose denim pants.