[ 14 ] ㅡ ambushed

We're only a week away before our most-awaited debut would take place. It's the holiday season and yes, we're intended to debut this January 1. I think it's giving the exact justice for our group, Genesis. New year for a new girl group.

And maybe it's Christmas Eve but we're still working hard, preparing ourselves for the D-day. Weㅡno, theyㅡsince they are the only ones who has families to go home to. They chose to sacrifice the time they suppose to spend the holidays with for our upcoming debut.

Aside from practicing real hard from rapping, singing and dancing, a lot has already happened. Like I have resigned on my part-job at the Chicken Haven a long time ago, except at the Good Vibes Cafe and Bar. But I'm going to play one last time there tonight. And unlike the others who are still continuing their studies by signing up to online classes, I totally dropped the university. I have no plans to try in conquering the world while studying at the same time. Just even thinking over it already makes me feel exhausted.

Somebody stop me. I'm 'bout to pop off. Too busy, you know? My body ain't enough~

My purple highlights, it's finally been eradicated since my long straight hair has been chopped off till my nape but it kinda looked even shorter because they made it curly and voluminous. They didn't dyed my hair though as well as to the others. They all bleached away the artificial colors on our hair and just let our each natural complexions being showcased the way it is.

Our only variants are: eonni's still in her bob cut but with straight bangs; Calli has now big curls and bangs; Lexie's long strands were left untouched but intentionally styled it like a messy one but it still suits her well and; for Siara, they just gave her a wavy hair with great volume. Honestly, we all sort of look normal. Probably because they didn't gave us those crazy hair colors. Nevertheless, we look fresh and our visuals are no joke. Not kidding. Do I sound boastful? I'm sorry. Only facts.

Halfly kidding. It's just them whose physiques are jaw-dropping. I kinda look like a fucking mushroom by this hairstyle. I'm the DUFF in this group. Ugh whatever.

Oh right, we have already shoot our first music video a month ago. It was fun. The concept contains a lot of action. It has a Not-Today-kind-of-feels, although with guns and explosions. Please take note, it's us who were carrying them, blasting men in black away which portrays the insecurities, problems and those toxic ones in our lives while executing that very hard dance choreography. The whole idea is just simple really. But not the cinematography. It's lit. Like it did blew my mind when we first watched it. I feel so damn proud that I'm a part of it.

And by the way, I never expected the public's high anticipation towards us. I cannot recall how many members were it already in our fancafe account since we all like hanging out in Twitter more. The sites I'm only knowledgeable about are the main social media platforms that we always visit. We already have less than three million followers in Twitter and over 1 million in Instagramㅡand we haven't even debuted yet.

I guess, being one of the pioneer artists under Min Yoongi's entertainment company helped in boosting our popularity. And I can also feel the fucking pressure as our day gets nearer, especially after he released his debut solo album months agoㅡI'm still holding a grudge to him though. We didn't had any moments and conversations again after that humiliating night. Sorry, but I don't forget easily.

Yeah, I hate him but not when it comes to his crafts. Honestly, without any prejudice, his album was goodㅡno, wonderful rather. It was a masterpiece and it went straight to number 1 in different countries around the world. And just like before, it once dominated Billboard for weeks. Imagine the pressure for us newbies!

Plus, it wasn't only Jungkook he collaborated with. But RM and Hoseok tooㅡeven Steve Aoki! It was so hard not fangirling over it. It is so damn good where I had to practically listen to it in secret and jam on it quietly. You don't know my struggles, people.