[ 18 ] ㅡ clandestine

It's been almost two months of just total work, work and work. We are so damn busy. We even just stole sleeps and naps if we luckily got the time. It's tiring but this is what I've asked for ever since. I have learned to endure it with gusto.

"Congratulations for our 16th win!" Lexie exclaimed as we hit backstage.

We all exchanged high fives and cheerful laughs. I'm not only happy because of our another notable victory but this is going to be our last stop for tonight and it's still 7 P.M.! At last, we have our much needed oasis from overworking.

"Dayan," Mina-ger called me. "Who's Aegi?" she asked, giving me my phone.

Oh my god. Thank god I have decided to put a password on my phone and my wallpaper also isn't the same on my lockscreen. Thank god.

"Aegi? Daebak, do you have a boyfriend, eonni?" Siara interjected.

"What? No!" I denied right away. "Will you please say it to the minimal? We're not only the people here. And can we go home now?" I sighed.

"Tell us first who is it," Calli interrupted, giving judging glances at me along with Kara-eonni.

Shit, I instantly felt the shame creeping into my bones while looking at eonni. Fuck this. I can't believe I am this selfish. Honestly, I forgot about how Kara-eonni would feel if she knew about this. It never crossed my mind really. Not until she announced again how she likes Aegi to the extreme recently.

I liked him too since I was in high school. It's not like eonni's the only one who has the permission to love him, right? And it's not like she is the only ARMY alive who fantasizes Min Yoongi to be theirs! Millions hope every single day and it already includes me. I just turned out to be so blessed that I got chosen by the universeㅡalthough, we're dating in secret but imagine, out of seven billion people in Earth, it's me. What a privilege!

But why do I feel like I'm the bad one? Like I'm the snake here. Ugh this so frustrating! And this topic is so childish!

"Eonni, are you not telling us something?" Lexie whispered audibly, only enough for our circle to hear.

I faked a laugh, examining all their facial expressions. "Uh, it's just Kaz. Relax. She's once my maknae, you know? That's why Aegi. She is still my baby," I answered, trying all my best for my voice not to shake. I do really feel bad for the past week after the late realization. "Aegi's Kaz," I repeated, forcing a smile. Oh my god, I'm sorry Kaz for dragging you into this.

"You and Kaz must be really close," eonni commented, pursing her lips.

"Yeah, you two should catch up some time," I responded awkwardly, biting my lip.

Eonni's forced smile was very noticeable. She probably must have not still moved on from the past but isn't it the time already to untangle herself from it? She wouldn't be here right now if it didn't happen to her.

"It's weird that you two are super close, eonni. Despite of your relationship with its other member," Calli chortled.

I just shrugged while grinning at Calli.

Currently, we are all marching our way out the place. It was finally my cue to open up the message.

Aegi: We missed Valentine's Day. Let's make today like one.

He wasn't asking if I wanted to come over. It was more like an order. Okay, so he wants me to come over? Wow, am I the guy here? Shouldn't it be the other way around?ㅡoh yeah, I don't have my own place yet. Damn.

The time we reached the parking lot, I quickly snatched my hoodie and purse inside the car.

"Ah, you people should go first. I'm gonna meet up with Kaz tonight. Both of us are miraculously available. So?" I broke the deafening silence on our journey towards the vehicle, smiling at our manager, hoping that she'll let me. But I'm 90% sure that she will. She's not that strict. And again, I sincerely apologize for the innocent Kaz being dragged into my own bullshit for the second time. Oh my god, I think I'm going to hell.