C H A P T E R 31 : Part 2 (Layla's Chapter) The last Chapter.

Friday

February 1st, 2014

11:30 a.m.

    So at this very moment Darien has the police on his trial, Joey, Kanesha, and not to mention countless of others competing for a chance to off him, but frankly none of them are as much of a treat as Joey. Joey was the person who knew all Darien’s weaknesses and strengths, and the fact that Kanesha was brought into the mix meant Joey was pullin’ out all the stops.

    I knew there was something strange about Kanesha showing her face around town again, and now that she had a role to play in the setting up of my baby daddy I wanted her head now worse, then I did back in school. When Darien came back over to my house covered in blood I knew that my worst fears from earlier were confirmed. He didn’t even have to explain because I just knew what he was about to tell me was going to be too much to swallow.

     As the detectives insulted me and accused me I heard footsteps on the stairs, and knew that it was my siblings and my man. Luckily they were too busy being assholes to notice. When they left I called out for the fools on the stairs to come down, and when they did, and I seen his face my anger rose; I had to leave and lock myself into my room. When I heard a knock on the door I told whoever it was to go away, but they entered anyway. I watched as he entered into the room. After so many times of telling him to get out he sat me down on the bed, and forced me to listen to him.

     As I continued to listen to him I got more into it, and knew that it would work. The only problem was that it would it require more time and more hands; my hands. If there’s anyone who knows more about this life than him it’s me. I've practically been in this game since my single digits, and didn’t fully comprehend it till my double digits. Anyway back to the main point, he’s gonna’ need my help and I don’t know if I’m ready to get back into this mess. I’ve been sober from this game for a little minute and just as I was enjoying my freedom here goes the leader- Darien, thrusting me back into it. Because he’s so known, I have to keep a low profile till all this shit blows over, meaning my social life has to come to an end.

    Even though this is the first day of the second month of the year, and it’s suppose to be a time where lovers get closer and cuddle, in my world that didn’t happen and this was as much quality time we were gonna’ have. These past four months have been big learning experiences. It seemed as if every day I awoke I learned a new lesson that would stick with me forever.  

     It’s Friday morning and as I sat here in my fourth hour class I tried not to day dream. The story we were reading had me thinking about my king. Even though my man is a mess I wouldn’t take his light bright ass any other way. He was hood royal and even though he had baggage, he was perfect in my eyes. I can’t necessarily blame him for half this shit, ‘cause most of it came from my father, but still, he played a big role.

   Many of times I’ve asked myself the famous question Why not leave? And many times I found myself saying, because you love him dummy…

    Like I said I knew what I was getting myself into I just didn’t know it came with all these trimmings. No one ever told me that I would bare witness to 187’s or know who was in charge of the next hit, or who the biggest drug suppliers and cartels were. If most girls seen what I seen they would have fled at the first chance they got. My downfall is I’m too faithful to Darien, even though he don’t deserve it; the boy is tempting kinda’ like Eve and the apple-sin breaking. Now don’t get me wrong I’m not blaming him, because I have just as much to do with this shit as he does, I’m just sayin’, unlike my baby daddy I choose to branch away and make a better life for myself.