C H A P T E R 13 : Layla

Thursday

December 8th, 2013

7:06 p.m.

"So lemme' get this straight you did not kick his ass?" Angel questioned in disbelief.

“No.” I answered dryly.

“Well that was dumb sweetie.” she voiced her opinion. “Ain’t no nigga just finna’ threaten me like that.”

“Angel shut up you ain’t makin’ it no betta’ , you know damn well Dom get into his moments and talk to you like that too.” Diamond teased. "But that is weird Layla I've never heard him talk to you in that way, was he upset before?" she asked.

"Yeah at his mom," I answered as I turned up the brightness on my laptop.

"What was her old ass complainin' about now?" Angel asked in an irritated tone.

"Same as usual, 'cause I was over there, but it never really angered him before maybe it was because I tripped on him about Monroe." I wondered.

"Monroe who?" Angel asked.

"You know Monroe." I told her.

"You better not be talking about Desi' Monroe." Angel asked, attitude definite in her voice.

"Yeah her." I answered with a roll of my eyes.

"I can't stand that bitch, I just wanna' pull them blond tracks out her head." she ranted.

     Before she could go on I interrupted.  "It's like his anger is getting worst, I mean I'm use to him using that tone with other folks, but not me." I admitted.

"It's going to be okay girly," Angel said as an attempt to comfort me."If I was there I would give you a hug, but I can't so for now, wrap your arms around yourself and pat your back."

"Yeah, me too, besides, I'm sure he didn't mean it, look Layla, call him later on tonight and ask to talk it out, make things better, there's no way in hell y'all should let a day pass without y'all making up." Diamond preached.

“I think to teach his ass a lesson you should leave him." Angel suggested.

“Shut up Angel you ain’t makin’ it no better.” Diamond scolded. “Don't listen to her, she's just shitty her and Dominick at it again."

"I guess." was all I could say. At that moment my stomach started to feel queasy and suddenly it felt as if vomit was going to replace my words. I listened as I heard my girls call my name through the computer screen. “Yeah.” I answered, happy that I finally found the words to speak.

“You good?” Diamond asked.

“Yeah, you cool? You don’t look to good.” Angel added.

    Before I could answer I felt the hot, sour liquid traveling up my throat. I got up quickly and ran toward the bathroom leaving my girls behind. I felt like sonic as I rushed down the hall and barged into the bathroom. I lifted the toilet seat and released the vomit from my mouth. After throwing up what felt like my guts, I leaned over the toilet seat and tried to recollect myself. I moved over to the sink and began washing my hands. I reached up and opened the medicine cabinet. I pulled out the toothpaste and my toothbrush, and began brushing my teeth. When I was done I placed the objects back into its respectable place. As I closed the medicine cabinet I saw my mother’s boyfriend reflection and nearly had a heart attack, collecting myself I yelled, “Don’t scare me like that!” I rolled my eyes. “What do you want?”

"What do you mean what I want?” he asked offended. “I came to see who was in here throwing up their lungs.” he stated.

 “I'm fine, just ate the wrong thing that's all." I lied.