C H A P T E R 14 : Layla

Monday

December 18th, 2013

12:00 p.m.

    It's been a week and four days since the mall incident, a week and four days since I’ve been outside and a week and four days since I’ve seen or even heard from Darien. It’s December; a time and month where you’re supposed to be happy, but instead I was miserable. The start of this month was horrible and instead of enjoying the weather outside this past week, all I’ve manage to do was sit in the house and bawl my eyes out over a nigga I know who was sleeping fine. It sucked being in love with a man who sometimes couldn’t shift his feelings from work to love life, but I can’t complain ‘cause I knew what I was signing up for.

    As I sat in my room weeping over these last couple days I tried to gather the strength to be happy and tell myself I don’t care, but in reality I did. I even went so far as try to venture outside my bedroom door. I made it as far as my door, took a couple steps, and then turn back and lock myself in my room. Why did this boy have so much power over me? Why did his stupid decisions make me feel this way? The whole mall incident had my mind racing a mile a minute. Seeing him with that girl made me realize how much shit is changing.

    Damn! This ain’t how shit supposed to be. Don’t get me wrong I’m no dummy; I know my nigga has hoes, but you’d think after four years his beige ass would know better than to pull a stunt like this, especially when there were public eyes to witness. Did it ever occur to him how that would make me look? Here it is I was being faithful and he wasn’t. Here it is he got me thinking I’m the only female he’s wining and dining, when in reality there’s other bitches whose getting my treatment as well.

   It seemed as if no matter what I did the events of that day continued to play in my head. The bad part about the whole ordeal is that I wish I could call the red-head bitch ugly, but truth be told she was gorgeous and could pass off as a video vixen. My emotions continued to run wild and it’s been countless of times I’ve contemplated over these last couple of days whether or not I should slip on my shoes, hop in my car, and search for his ass just to give him the cussing out of a life time, but my body just wouldn’t allow it. My conscience keeps telling me to chill, but my pride won’t allow it. I was freaking out way too much.

    Getting the strength to finally get up out the bed, I walked over to the mirror and examine my face. As I examined my face I cringed at the sight of my puffy eyes, red nose, and how drained my skin looked. I noticed a zit or two but that wasn’t my main concern. I turned to the side so that the right side of my body was facing the mirror. I lifted my shirt and noticed how my belly button was beginning to putrid outward. My heart skipped a beat as I thought the possible.

What if? I thought.

Nah. . . . it ain’t possible…maybe it’s just bloating or something. I concluded as I pulled my shirt back down. Although it’s been three months since my lady cycle had paid me a visit I wasn’t really too much worried simply because I was irregular. Beside if the impossible were possible there would be symptoms already . . . right?

“Calm down,” I whispered to myself. I had hyped myself up now. Thinking of the impossible suddenly becoming possible scared me. “maybe it’s just stress from the team.” I concluded. “Yeah that’s it stress.” I chalked it up too. There was also that shit with Darien and that red-headed bitch that could be playing a role in my period delaying to. Even though it was recent it still had the potential to hold my friend hostage.