C H A P T E R 29 : Darien.

Thursday

January 31st, 2014 

3:30 p.m.

"I  love you too Darien,” Layla cooed sweetly as I planted kisses to her neck. The sound of the waves crashing to the shore, and the bright moon hovering above made the scene seem romantic. “Let’s go,” she demanded. “It’s getting’ a little chilly out here and I’m not tryna’ get sick.” she remarked as she tried to contain her loose waves that the wind kept blowing in her face.

        That was last night.

     And this is a new day.

     And not all of what I said last night is true. I went along with everything she said simply because I didn’t want to ruin the moment, and because I need her ass to help me out for the next couple of weeks. I couldn’t mention on how I needed her assistance simply because I fucked up badly somewhere in my empire. Don’t get me wrong I truly love Layla with all my heart and I meant it every time we exchanged I love you’s last night, but it was mostly just to pull her closer and get inside her head so it’d be easier for me to get her to do this mission.

    Like I said, when I told her that I loved her I meant that shit, and when she mention that we were having a little girl my heart dropped and something changed. It made me reflect back on how I was treating her and pain instantly hit me; but I didn’t show it. I was starting to feel guilty for all the times I’ve cheated, threatened her, lied, and used her. It made me think about what kind of man I was, and if I was someone I would ever want my daughter to run into.

     Ever since the footlocker incident I’ve been putting up with the challenging task of trying to make both of my baby mama’s happy, and so far the shit has been as tiring as a Monday morning. It’s only one of me and two of them and it seemed as if all Kanesha wanted to do was shop and have my attention, while Layla wanted me up under twenty-four seven, and when I try to leave either I can’t mention who I’m going to go see next.

     The jealousy between my two baby mamas’ is real. I know they hate each other simply because of me, and it steams as far back as my first year being into the drug world four years ago. When Kanesha moved away you’d think they’d call it quits, but they didn’t and it was really sad because they were fighting over nothing. I know it ain’t safe to play with both of their hearts, but it’s hard to choose a winner when you love them both equally. I love them both in a different way. I love Kanesha ‘cause we got years and she’s the first mother of my child who blessed me with a son, but I love Layla ‘cause she’s a rider and because we’ve been through more shit.

    When I first met Layla some years back I was fuckin’ ‘round with Kanesha, so I kept Layla, the new girl as a side chick, but then I started to really dig her, and it reached a point where I just ain’t give no fuck about how Kanesha felt so I left her for Layla, but then shit changed.

        But like I said those were the emotions of last night.

        And this is a new day.

       As I drove down the seat with my son in the backseat strapped into his booster seat I looked into the rearview mirror at him. I watched as he nodded his head to the music. I chuckled because in the little time we’ve spent together he reminded me so much of how I was when I was a little boy.  I parked the car in front of my mother’s house and unstrapped my son from his booster seat. We both exited the car but before I could move away a green chrysler 300 pulled up alongside of me. I watched as the window rolled down and Montez face stared back at me. “Wassup nigga?” he greeted as he leaned over in the driver seat.