Chpt 3: Hangover.

I woke up the next morning with a massive headache. My head feels heavy and I just want to lay it down on my pillow, but even that isn't helping. It feels like a dull pounding with a hammer in my skull. Over and over and over again. I groaned and slowly lifted my head up. I looked around my room and saw my friends sprawled out on their sleeping bags.

I got up from my bed and walked into my bathroom. I feel horrible. I didn't even bother to look at myself in the mirror. I knew I looked just as terrible as I felt. I stripped down and stepped into my shower. I let the warm water sooth me.

I remember what happened. It all seemed clear. The warm droplets formed steam as I stood still. The voices banging in my head. My skin was burning from the water that now felt like little blades of fire. I turned the water off and stepped out. I wrapped myself in a warm, fluffy, white towel. I looked in the mirror and a tear rolled down my cheek. I swiftly wiped it away. I need to talk to Shane. I quickly went back into my room and grabbed a pair of shorts and a tank top and threw them on. I took my phone off of my bedside table and saw that I had a message from Shane and I quickly opened it.

Shane: 'Take two tylenol with some water, it'll help with your hangover.'

I replied with: 'Can you come over? I really need to talk to you.'

Shane: 'I'm on my way.' 

I put my phone in my back pocket and went around waking up the girls. They responded with groans. All of them complaining about their headaches. I waited for them to clean themselves up and grab a snack before I took them home. They demanded to know what happened last night but I told them I'll tell them later. They were reluctant at first but they finally agreed. 

I got back to my house and saw Shane leaning up against his car and focused on his phone. I got out of my car and closed the door behind me. I walked to my house door and motioned for him to follow me. We walked into the living room and sat down on the sofa. I turned on the television for some background sound and shifted my body so that I was facing him. He turned to face me as well.

"You know if you didn't stop me last night, I just might've killed him." he said, anger flashed through his eyes. "Did he do anything more before I got there?"

I shook my head and he let out a shaky breath. "Why'd you drink Ash?"

I looked anywhere else but at him. "Ash, you can tell me anything." he whispered. I took a deep breath and told him exactly why.

"Uh, when you left, Lucas came in and talked to me. I was so glad that he was finally talking to me but then he asked for Nicole. That was the only reason he was talking to me. He went on about how hot Nicole looked and I got jealous. Then I saw him and Nicole. They were...kissing. I was so hurt that I just wanted to forget, so I drank." I closed my eyes and opened them slowly. Shane's eyes were filled with so many emotions. I moved closer to him and rested my head on his chest.

"I'm sorry." I whispered.

"Why are you apologizing?" he asked. 

"For bothering you with my stupid problems." I said.

"Hey, hey, hey, don't say that. You're not bothering me. And it's not stupid. I understand. I know what it's like to be in love with someone who doesn't love you back." He wrapped his arms tighter around me, resting his chin on my head. I held him tightly, feeling safe in his arms. He pulled away with a smile on his face and stood up.

"Come on, we're going somewhere." he said holding out his hand for me to take. I took it and stood up with him.

"Where are we going?" I asked. 

"It's a surprise." he smirked.