Chpt 17: Summer Break: Beach Day.

A month and a half later.

 “Oh my gosh, Aiden.” I said. “Can you drive any slower?”

“I think you’re forgetting I’m new in town and this road is unfamiliar for me.”

In case you all forgot. Aiden is my cousin. And he’s staying with us for a while.

And if you’re wondering where we are going. We’re going to the beach. We’re meeting up with the others there. The girls and Shane and his friends. This group of people have been  putting a smile on my face for the past month. I feel so happy and I owe it all to them.

My dad and brother too.

I’ve become so close too with Shane’s friends. Justin, Brandon and Lance. It’s like I’ve known them for years. They’re a lot of fun to be around and are always joking and they’re just great guys.

And guess what.

IT’S SUMMER BREAK BITCHES!

Oh my gosh. I don’t even know why I said that. I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to call you bitches. I don’t know you guys are probably very nice people-and I’m getting side tracked. Let me start over.

IT’S SUMMER BREAK YOU LOVELY PEOPLE!

Got a little bit carried away the first time. With it being summer break and all. Again. I’m sorry.

Anyways.

I turned on the radio and the song that blasted from the speakers made me instantly break out into song.

“Why you gotta be so rude? Don’t you know I’m human too? Why you gotta be so rude? I’m gonna marry her anyway.” I sang.

Aiden groaned loudly beside me.

“Can I have your daughter for the rest of my life? Say yes, say yes, cause I need to know.” I continued.

“I think my ears are bleeding!” he shouted.

I looked at him and frowned. “Why you gotta be so rude? Don’t you know I’m human too?” I sang along with the song.

He chuckled and shook his head. “You’re so damn annoying.”

* * * * * * * *

Here I was chilling on my towel on the sand while the others were in the sea. Why am I not in the water with them you ask? Well I’ll tell you why.

I don’t like water. Yup. I’m nasty like that.

I’m kidding. I just don’t feel like going into the water yet. I’d rather take very embarrassing pictures of my friends to blackmail them with them later. Ah. I love my friends.

I then realized that all of my friends were staring at me. All with amused expressions on their face. Alrighty then. I averted my attention from them and back to my phone. But I couldn’t help but glance back at them. And they were still staring.

I watched as Justin got out of the water and made his way over to me. A smirk playing on his lips. Oh no. Oh no no no. I know what they’re doing.

I scrambled up off of my towel and ran away from him. Oh Good God. Running on sand is ridiculously hard. I yelped as pair of hands wrapped around my waist and then threw me over their shoulder. This bastard Justin.

“Justin!” I screamed. “Put me down now!”

He chuckled. “No way.”

“Don’t do this Justin. You’re going to regret it.” I warned.

My head felt so heavy. I swear I’m going to get him back for this. I’m going to get them all back.

As we got closer to the water he started to run and I screamed. All my friends were laughing at me.

Good thing I took those pictures on my phone earlier.

Before I know it, I’m the air.

“Fly, little birdy, fly!” I heard Justin shout.

I heard the others laughing and then I hit the water.

I rose to the surface again. Gasping for air and coughing.

Once I caught my breath I spoke. “I. Hate. You. All.”

“Hey. We did this for you. You were up there missing out on all the fun.” Lexi spoke.

I glared at all them.

“You have to admit. That was pretty funny.” Brandon said, chuckling.

They all nodded and laughed. And I joined in too. Now I think about it. It was pretty funny. But I still have to get revenge on them. But how?

Ooooh. Light bulb!

I have the perfect idea. But I’m going to carry out my plan at the end of summer. Yeah, yeah, I know. I’m a vibe killer.

Shane came up to me.

“Ashley. Help!” he said.

“What’s wrong?” I said, becoming worried instantly.

“Something’s wrong with my eyes.” he stated.

“What?”

“I just can’t take them off you.” he grinned.

Oh Dear Lord. How can something so corny be so sweet at the same time. But that was pretty funny.

“You’re so corny.” I laughed.

“Yeah, but you love my corniness.”

He walked closer to me. He was so close that if I moved, our lips would touch. He gently rubbed my back.

He looked into my eyes with a confused expression and whispered. “I thought angels had wings.”

I stared into his eyes and then burst out laughing. He looked at me with a serious face.

“I was being serious.” he said.

I continued to laugh and caught the attention of Justin and Taylor and they swam over to us.

“What’s up?” Taylor asked.

“Tell…Tell… them what… what… you said.” I choked out in between laughs.

Shane frowned.

I finally got my laughing under control and told them. The two of them stared at me for a second before they burst out laughing too. I joined in and eventually Shane did too.

* * * * * * * *

We just had lunch and we were sitting on the sand and joking around. I was laying down on Shane as he played with my hair.

“Ashley!” I heard Lance shout. I was too lazy to hold up my head.

“Ashley!” I heard all of them shout and the girls squeal.

“Ashley! Look! It’s One Direction!” Kayla squealed.

“Where?” I snapped my head up so fast, I probably hurt some part of my neck.

I looked around and didn't see five extremely good looking guys. I frowned and they all laughed. I knew it was too good to be true. They are so mean.

“I don’t see five sexy guys on this beach.” I pouted.

Shane gasped behind me and I turned to face him.

“We are right here.” he said gesturing to himself, Justin, Aiden, Brandon and Lance.

We all laughed at that.

I have the craziest friends.