Target 42: Awareness (1)

The next morning, the room that Tsuna was staying in was occupied by seven people -- himself included of course.

The aforementioned teen and his best friend looked back and forth between two sides, bearing witness to a one-side tension as Kawahira seemed perfectly fine and undaunted under Reborn's trigger-happy glare. (It was rare for something to get under the Sun Arcobaleno's skin, but then again, he was justifiable because the Man in the Iron hat had cursed his fate to begin with.)

Tsuna's gaze then landed on Bermuda, who, for reasons unknown to Tsuna, didn't seem to be in the mood to ripe a certain non-human's head off (unlike Reborn over there).

... Did I miss something? Tsuna raised a brow at Enma, who sat next to him on the carpeted floor.

Maybe? Enma shrugged in return and lowered his voice to barely above a whisper, "I mean, I was told Bermuda and Kawahira had a ceasefire when I got there." He shot the brunet look. They were drinking tea together.

"What are you guys being hush-hush about?" Byakuran decided he wanted in on the whispers and meaningful looks as he climbed over Enma's lap from the teen's left. "Can I join in on the whispering?"

"Byakuran, that's a stage whisper," Enma hissed lowly.

"Maa~ same diff!"

"No, stage whisper is when you intend for others to hear," Enma knocked the Mare on the head lightly. "Lower your voice."

"Enma-san..."

"Like this?" Byakuran blinked innocently.

"Lower." Enma cupped a hand next to his mouth and emphasized by lowering his hand along with his voice.

"Um..."

"Like this?" Byauran copied Enma's first gesture, but with both hands around his mouth.

"Lower!"

"Byakuran..."

"I can't get any lower! Why don't you demonstrate for me?"

"Aren't I doing exactly that?"

"Guys..." Yuni finally, but quietly, managed to make her presence known to the off-track duo, pointing at a now unamused Reborn, a chuckling Kawahira, and a Bermuda who had to turn his head because he just couldn't bear to witness such absurd sight anymore. "They're watching us."

Tsuna faceplamed with a sigh, but patted a hand on Yuni's head, who just so happened to had climbed over Tsuna's lap from the right side in her attempts to get the attention of the previously whisper-failing duo. "Now that's a whisper."

"... what?" Both Enma and Byakuran chorused in unison.

"Yuni's been trying to get both of your attentions for a whole minute," Tsuna deadpanned and gestured to the two Pacifier holders and one Administrator. "Without alerting the ones across from us."

"... oh." Was Enma's lame response.

"Ah," Compared to the one above, Byakuran had more to add to his one-syllable intonation. "Yuni-chan's good at this!"

"So..." Enma started slowly, clearing his throat to act professional as if their antics were just the fabrication of one's imagination. "Where were we?"

"... Nowhere," Reborn said flatly, refraining his eye from twitching. "We haven't even start yet."

The redhead blinked, then laughed sheepishly. "Great, then it isn't exactly digressing when there's nothing to digress from!"

"Are you kids..." Bermuda actually hesitated. "Always like this?"

"Unfortunately," Tsuna sighed, flopping backwards onto the floor. "And don't you dare pile on me, Shiro."