Target 26: A Probe (1)

Ienari stilled as blood started to pool under Tsuna's arm. The latter was mumbling a string of apologies but no one understood the reason for it.

Then he felt a prevailing aura flowing out from the brunet, of warmth and familarity --

(The limited amount of orange flames slowly seeped into his mind, ebbing away  as much as it could of those accursed chains on memories forgotten)

-- and something in his mind started to click. 

.

.

.

A small blonde climbed up the tree in the yard, traversing the branch that conveniently reached the window that he wanted to knock on.

Tap tap tap.

Though the window, he saw a mop of brown sticking out from a bundle of blankets. From the subtle movements under all of it, he knew that the other had heard his knocking.

A brunet slowly saw up, rubbing his tired eyes before looking towards the window where Ienari was perched on. "Nari-kun?"

"Onii-san!" The blonde grinned and waved energetically at his brother.

"Nar -" The brunet coughed, chest tightening in response but chose to ignore it in favoring of smiling at his little brother. He pushed the blankets away and climbed out of bed to help Ienari open the window.

"N-Nari-kun," Tsuna croaked, voice strained. "Y-you're going to get h-hurt if you're not c-careful!"

"But it's boring without Onii-san..." Ienari admitted with a pout. He then lit up like the sun when he remembered what he was trying to do. He pulled on Tsuna's arm in excitement, so much that the brunet was forced to climb over the window sill.

"Onii-san! Let's go play!"

"But..." Tsuna looked back into his room, forcing back another cough. "K-Kaa-san told me to stay in bed because I'm sick."

Ienari had a grin on his face. "But getting fresh air is also good! This will help Onii-san get better faster!" The blonde had heard in from someone earlier when he had been dejected, that when someone was sick, the best medicine was to go outside! That person had been nice, and he was reminded of his brother because of it so he trusted the nice stranger's words too."

As long as it will help, Ienari was determined to do his best.

Tsuna looked at his brother in doubt, something in his head told him that it was a bad idea... but it couldn't hurt to try, right? After all, he haven't played with Ienari for an entire week and it made him feel bad. Besides, as long as Ienari was happy, Tsuna was happy.

"O-okay!"

(Little Ienari wished his brother hadn't agreed to his suggestion that fateful day.)

.

.

.

"Juudaime!" Gokudera snapped the blonde out of his daze while Yamamoto and Dokuro was already by Tsuna's side. "W-We have to -- t-there are enemies around and -- Tsuna-san needs to be --" It would seem that the bomber wasn't faring any better by how he was jumping from one topic to another, stuttering all the while.

"Tsuna...?" Yamamoto said, his hands hovering above said boy but fearing the worst if he was to touch him. The boy was pale as sheet and trembling all over, a look of devastation coloring his face and Yamamoto was left to compared him with fragile glass. One wrong move and -- "Tsuna, c-can you hear me."