C H A P T E R 29 : Darien.

Start from the beginning

“Just out with my son,” I answered. “You?” I asked. 

“Just ridin’ ‘round getting’ it.” he answered. “When Layla have the baby?” he questioned.

“This ain’t by her man,” I told him.

“Word?” he asked shocked. “You out here makin’ babies on the low?” he joked. “Who’s this one by?”

“Kanesha,” I answered.

“That chick you brought to the club opening the other night?” he questioned.

“Yeah that’s her,” I boasted.

“Shit that’s wassup,” he congratulated. “Two bad ass baby mama’s, can’t even be mad at’cha.”

 “Daddy come on.” Junior rushed.

“I’ll be there in a minute, just go sit on the porch.” I told him. I watched as he did what I said.

“Yeah that’s yo’ son,” Montez agreed. “Impatient just like yo’ yellea’ ass.”

I laughed. “Nigga you a trip,”

“But I’ma catch up wit’ ya’ later, I gotta’ get ready to pack so I can leave for Texas tonight.” The engine started. “But umm I came by to see if you were down to expand?” he asked.

“Expand like how?” I questioned.

“There’s a nigga that’s tryna’ get in tune wit’cha,” he told me. “He goes by the name of MoneyTrain,” he continued. “He some big time drug dealer from New York.”

“Have we crossed paths before?” I questioned.

“Nah, but y’all is now” Montez answered. “He only fuck wit’ the heavy hittas who movin’ bricks by seconds.” he continued. “You down?” My heart told me not to agree, but with it being an option of money in it my mind told me to say yes. I shook my head yes and just like that I was down. “Good.” he continued. “He gave me his card to give to you.” he said as he reached into his shirt pocket and pulled it out.

“You my rule I don’t do business over the phone,” I told him. “I only do face to face.”

“Alright we’ll I’ll give him a call and let him know that, but in the meantime you stay safe, and I’ll see you when I see ya’.” he told me. “And start usin’ protection boy!” he joked as he pulled off.

     I went around my car and towards my son. I grabbed his hand and we walked up the path. “Where we at daddy?” he questioned.

“I’m takin’ you to meet some people.” I answered as my phone rang. “Hello,”

“Where’s my son?” Kanesha asked.

“Chill, he’s right beside me.” I told her. “What do you want?” I questioned.

“Why didn’t you tell me you went by my mothers and picked him up?” she questioned.

“When were you gonna’ tell me that you left my son at home with your mom?” I questioned. “I thought I told you that when you left to call me so I could come pick him up?”

“Please, he was fine with his grandmother and great grandma.” she stated.

“It doesn’t matter, he’s my son and I want to be here for him now, you got me here and I want to help you out, it’s not their job ‘Nesha,” I told her.

“Whatever make sure you take care of him and don’t be havin’ him around no hoes, don’t make me catch a case.” she threatened.

“Chill I ain’t gon’ have no other females around my son.” I assured her. Hearing background noise I asked, “Where you at anyway?”