Chapter 9: Just A Loner

Start from the beginning

"Yeah. You're cool with that, right?"

"She's totally cool with that!" Lina shouted, laughing nervously.

"We'll be there." She winked, and his face turned red. He finally walked away, and turned left into another hallway.

"What were you doing?" Lina asked me, flicking my arm.

"Ow! What do you mean?" I rubbed the area she flicked me, wincing in pain.

"That's Dante Vega. He's a linebacker on the football team, and not to mention completely gorgeous."

"Is he popular?"

"Of course. So him inviting us to a party is completely awesome and good for your social status." Lina explained.

"If he's so popular, why did I not know him?" I crossed my arms, pursing my lips.

"Because you're lame." She scoffed, and turned around to see Jade walking our way.

"Hey guys. Did you get invited to Dante's party?" She asked, flicking her hair.

"Yeah." I answered blankly and she just stared at me.

"Do you know what this means?" Lina leaned in closer to the both of us.

"Shopping!" They both squealed and I covered my ears.

Honestly, shopping isn't so bad, but I hated being their for hours just mindlessly looking for something. I have to have a reason to be there, and Lina goes at least 7 times a week. She just buys random clothes.

"I can't." I said. "I have to focus on softball right now, I don't even think I want to go."

"No, that's not an option, butter cakes." Lina tapped my cheek lightly, and I made a face. "Plus, this party is tonight, Friday, and your tryout is next week. You have plenty of time."

"I'm sure the boys have plenty of time to help you out giving that they sit on their asses most of the day." Jade added, and Lina giggled at her insult towards them.

"I don't know, you guys. I haven't exactly been to a party where the whole school gets drunk and smokes weed."

"Their will be cute boys. And it's a great way to put yourself out their and make some new friends." Lina compromised. I had a feeling she wouldn't budge until I said yes.

"Okay, fine. But there is no way in hell you're making me wear a dress." I pointed at both of them, narrowing my eyes.

"Oh, please. No one wears dresses to parties anymore. More like crop tops, and ripped jeans. More skin, the better." Jade grinned and it made me worry.

"There's no way I'm wearing a crop top. I can wear the ripped jeans, I'm completely fine with that, but absolutely no crop tops. I'm not a hoe." I clarified and hoped that they would understand and not force me to wear one. I honestly was so insecure about my body it wasn't even funny. It was hard enough to go to the beach in a bathing suit and go swimming without thinking the whole world was judging how I looked.

"Fine, that's fine." Lina wrapped her arms around my arm. "Let's go shopping, after school." Jade soon followed by our side after I closed my locker to go to sixth period.