Mona Lisa | Joy

Mona Lisa | Joy

Three years had passed by and it seemed like time has literally flown out the window. Seemed like it was just yesterday when Nurah had bumped into Zayn for the very first time they had met. Like it was just last night when Zayn was telling hundreds of people how much he adored his girlfriend that night at the museum. It was crazy to think that three whole years has gone by since then, but it was a beautiful thing. That was a time full of memories, emotional healing, and spiritual growth. Despite all the unfortunate situations in their past that held them back before they believed that they finally found love deep within each other.

"Ouch, shit," Nurah popped her finger into her mouth to suck on it, pulling it out to see that it wasn't burnt. "Thank god," she murmured.

She didn't know why did this all the time but she managed to burn herself just a little bit when it came to preparing a meal. Nurah loved cooking no doubt, but she always forgot that it was just her for right now. Sometimes she would make too much food and have leftovers that was actually meant for Zayn, but he wasn't here at the moment, and made her sad.

Plus, she was going through so many emotions because of what she was dealing with at the moment.

He hasn't been here for a month since he was off on a business trip with some colleagues of his. Zayn was a in France meeting up with some of his connections that he had over there. He was trying to establish a fine arts academy for kids that were less fortunate to attend school or even college. Of course Nurah was so happy for him, but she also kissed her baby so much. So for the time being it was just her.

Damn she really missed him.

Nurah sighed in sadness as she took a seat at the table. Usually Zayn would be sitting across from her as they talked about their day, smiling and just being themselves. It could be hectic knowing that Zayn was pursuing his art career and Nurah's music career was just kicking off. So it was a bit hard to have some alone time, but they learned how to manage.

So she ate her food in silence until it was gone. Getting up from her chair she went over to the sink so she could wash the dishes. As she thought about Zayn she wondered what he was doing right now and if he was thinking about her too.

Once all the dishes were done she had placed the leftover food in the refrigerator. After she had done that she heard the sound of the front door opening, along with the low grunts and shuffling. Just in case she grabbed a kitchen knife from the drawer and made her way towards the sound. But once she realized who it was she dropped the knife and screamed.

"Zayn! You're home!" Nurah ran up to him and wrapped her arms around his neck tightly—nearly knocking the poor man over.

"Hey baby," Zayn chuckled as he managed to close and lock the front door with her still clinging onto him. He then wrapped his arms around her body and squeezed her tight. "I missed you Nurah. How you been?"

"I've..I've been so lonely without you," she looked up to look at him, eyes watering and growing glossy. "Like, very lonely."

"Babe, what—," he then paused when a few tears fell down her cheek, and he began to whine. "Oh no. Don't cry, please, don't cry."

"M'sorry," she apologizes, soon sniffing and looking away from him before she cried even more.

"Don't apologize love. I missed you more than I can explain it. Just don't cry, I hate seeing you cry," he groans wiping her tears away. He even placed a kiss on her nose. "See? I'm here."

"I hate to eat dinner by myself. Wake up by myself. And watched out favorite TV schow..by myself," she complained as she looked at him again, crying some more until she was full on sobbing.