Mona Lisa | Fondness

"Hey Nurah," Zayn was smiling widely with his hands behind his back. Heart thumping out of his chest as he stood in front of the woman who's skin was just glowing so elegantly. It was crazy for him to think that he was actually nervous, but trust this he was.

"Hey Zayn," Nurah gave him a smile before she closed and locked her apartment door. Turning around, she cleared her throat and smiled again. "You ready to go?"

"Yeah but um..I got you a little something," Zayn told her, a shy smile making a way into his face as he looked down at his feet.

"Really? You didn't have to Zayn," She spoke getting all gushy while she bit her bottom lip.

"It's an apology gift for acting like an asshole to you," Zayn pulled out a short cut red rose and placed it in her bun. "See? You look even prettier now."

"Thank you," Nurah was blushing mad hard right now, and kept her composure when he locked her arm with his as they walked down the streets of Florence.

The museum was actually walking distance which was really nice. Zayn had showed her some cool places on the way there. Her eyes were just everywhere and she couldn't keep track on how many pretty things she had seen. Everything here was so pleasing to the eye, very aesthetic she must say. Zayn had explained that he loved living here and that he didn't regret moving to Italy either. He wanted her to see the beauty in simple things like the architecture of buildings to the exotic patterns of the clothing that people wore. And Nurah was almost in love with it.

Once they walked into the museum Zayn had stopped talking for a moment and fell into a strong trance. Surrounded with beautiful art and high ceilings above his head. Even though he has came here about a thousand times by himself it always had him in aw.

Nurah noticed how his pretty eyes would gaze at the different types of paintings that were on the wall. With their arms still looped together she took note of how his body relaxed. They haven't spoken a word since they walked in. But the silence was cut short when Zayn spoke up.

"No one really supported me when I said that I wanted to become a professional artist," he had said, looking at the painting in front of him and not at her. "They pretty much like..laughed at my face. Saying that it wasn't an actual career and such things. I became really insecure about it even though it was my passion and I loved art."

"Maybe those people don't understand the values of art the way you do," Nurah pointed out looking at the same painting he was.

"Those people were actually my family and close friends," Zayn chuckled bitterly, walking them to the next painting.

"I'm sorry," she quietly says.

"Nah, don't be," he assured shrugging.

"Are you still in touch with them?" Nurah cautiously asked, not wanting to cross the line..but she was just curious.

"Yeah, my family came to an understanding that I was in love with art and that it meant more than pretty colors to me. They got the message when I actually moved to Italy without them knowing. As for my friends..they kinda just forgot about me and moved on with their lives. And I don't really mind because I have moved on too," Zayn had briefly explained.

"If it makes you feel any better I won't forget you," Nurah looked at him and gave him a pretty smile to at least lighten up the mood.

"Thanks," he chuckled swiping underneath her chin, proceeding to walk down the hall.

"Well at least you have the guts to follow your dreams. Me on the other hand is too scared to put myself out there," she had confessed.

Zayn looked at her with a soft frown, "Why is that?"