Mona Lisa | Bumpy

Mona Lisa | Bumpy

"Fuck me, did I just go inna' circle?" The woman moved her dark curls out her face as she blew air from her lips. She looked around and noticed that she did go in a circle.

Was she lost? Yes she was, but she didn't want to admit that. She claimed that she didn't need any help getting to her apartment but she did need assistance. Nurah wasn't too fluent in Italian so she was nervous about asking some random stranger on the street for directions. As stubborn as she is she decided to figure it out.

Nurah had moved to Italy about a month ago and she was still trying to get around. This was her third time getting lost back to apartment, and it seems like her phone was making it all worse because it was not cooperating with her at the moment. She hoped that she didn't look like an idiot in front of these people, because she did earn a few odd glances by some people walking down the sidewalks. All she wanted to do was to go home and make some chocolate cookies. Why does everything have to be so hard? She thought to herself.

Head down and phone in hand she turned a corner sharply like the directions told her to do. But the moment she looked up she had ran into someone, causing for the both of them to fall to the ground.

"I'm so s-sorry, my god, like seriously, I did not see you coming," Nurah apologized moving her hair at the face to see the person she knocked over. Her heart seemed to stop beating and it felt like the wind was knocked out of her lungs when she saw that gorgeous sculpted face. "Holy shit."

"Yeah, maybe walking and looking down at your phone isn't one of the smartest ideas," the guy remarked rolling his honey colored eyes. He got up to his feet and dusted himself off.

"Wait..y-you speak English?" She asked looking up at the godly man who had an accent that was similar to hers, almost sounding like he was from West Yorkshire. Besides all that, he was probably one of the most hottest guys she has ever laid eyes on. He had the most beautiful hair that almost came to his shoulders, curling in the most prettiest way ever, almost like a Disney Prince. And if he spoke English then maybe she was in luck.

"I'm not speaking Spanish, am I?" He replied sarcastically, soon bending his knees so he could pick up his stuff.

"Sorry, I haven't met someone who doesn't speak Italian in a while," she confessed quietly as she got off her bum and onto her knees, helping him out since he did have a lot of things that had dropped.

"Considering the fact that we are in Italy I wouldn't be surprised," he hummed.

"I'm sorry," Nurah apologized sighing.

"Stop apologizing," he told her bluntly, not even looking at her when he said it.

"Sorry," she squeaked out, soon mentally slapping herself in the face. What an idiot, she thought to herself.

After he had everything back in his container and shut the slid and stood up to his feet, "How long have you been here?"

"I'm sorry what?" She asked standing up to her feet, nearly falling again until she caught herself.

He rolled his eyes for the second time today, "How long have you been staying here in Italy?"

"About a month," she told him, picking up her own sack of groceries from the ground.

He grimaced, face scrunching up as he shook his head, "Damn a month? Wow, it only gets worse from here."

Her heart nearly plummeted to the ground, "My god, no, please don't say that."

"I'm assuming that you're lost, yeah?" He asks quirking a thick brow at her.

She nodded, "Yes, I can't find my apartments and I believed that I have gone in a circle," she told him feeling embarrassed.

He sighed, rolling his lips to the side before he made a decision, "Look, usually I don't help people I don't know because I am not so much of a gregarious guy. But for you it'll be an exception since you seem discombobulated and desperate."

"Thanks?" She says to him with uncertainty, not knowing if it was a compliment or insult. Maybe both, she thought to herself.

"Now, what's your address?" He asked adjusting the container underneath his arm.

"It's in my phone," she says picking the device—that was thankfully not cracked up—and handing it to him.

He looked at the address on the screen, nodding, "Oh cool, it's literally like five minutes away from here, follow me," he says giving her phone back.

After readjusting the grip on her grocery bag she followed him into the direction that he was going. She looked around, trying to take a mental picture of her surroundings. Nurah was beyond grateful to have this guy help her around. Even though he didn't seem very nice she was still happy that he walked her home.

"I apologize again for being clumsy and not paying attention," she says to him as she stood on her porch steps of her apartment.

"Just be lucky that I didn't cuss you out in Italian because I would have if I didn't hear that cute accent of yours," he says looking at the woman he thought was adorable, but of course kept that hidden because he didn't want to get himself involved with something that he couldn't maintain. But nothingless, she wasn't too bad as a person.

She felt a rush of heat go straight to her cheeks at what he had said. Nurah bit her bottom lip and swayed side to side, "Y-Yeah um..thanks for not doing that."

"I gotta go, try not to get lost again knucklehead," he winked at her before he had walked off and disappeared when he turned the corner.

Nurah unlocked her front door and walked inside of her place. She closed the door and leaned her back against it as she thought about what had took place. If one thing was for sure she wasn't going to forget a face like that in a long time.

-

THIS BOOK IS DEDICATED TO MY BABY hhadassah ❤️ THANK FOR THE SUPPORT LOVE & HERE'S THIS ZAYN MALIK x ELLA MAI STORY YOU WANTED 😘 .

SO THIS IS GONNA BE BOOK 4 OF THE ART SERIES 🎨 — i know i tried to make like two versions with this story title but i actually got it down & im not gonna delete it !!

HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOY !

vote/comment
- BookOfBandz