Mona Lisa | Denied

Mona Lisa | Denied

As time went by, August was long gone and it was now in the middle of September. Nurah was starting to feel a bit more comfortable living here. She still had a bit trouble talking to the natives, but she was learning and adjusting to the language as well as the culture too. Florence was such a beautiful place and she loved it so much. She was on the right track and she wanted to keep it that way. Luckily, she has made a new friend who was Italian, but spoke fluently in English. And she was like the perfect match for Nurah.

"If this dude won't quit looking at me I'll throw this whole bottle in his face and have no remorse," Isabella murmured underneath her breath as she tightened her grip around the neck of the bottle of vodka as she poured her and Nurah some drinks.

"You're a pretty girl Isabella, let him stare," Nurah giggles.

"Aw thanks," Isabella flipped her long dark brown hair over her shoulder while smiling. Then suddenly she gave Nurah a blank look. "But I'm strictly dickly, thank you."

"Remind me to never compliment you again," Nurah mumbles taking her drink and downing it in seconds, eyes squinting and throat burning from the liquid.

"Hey Nurah, remind you to never compliment me again," Isabella sarcastically says to her.

"I can't stand you," Nurah mumbles rolling her eyes.

Isabella laughed a little but, "Seriously, he's been doing this the past month and it's getting kinda creepy. And plus, he's not even my type," Isabella shrugged screwing the top back on the bottle and placing it on a shelf. Then something came to her, "Hey Nurah, what's your type?"

"What?" Nurah frowned.

"You know, what do you look for in a guy?" Isabella asked curiously.

"I don't um..really want to talk about guys right now," she coughed.

Isabella squinted her eyes, "Wait..are you a virgin?"

Nurah gave her a blank look, "Bitch..drop the subject."

"Fine, okay," Isabella dropped the subject and chugged down her drink with ease, leaning her elbows against the counter while she looked at the people that was in her bar.

Isabella owned her family's bar that was passed down to her after her father had passed away two years ago. The loss was very tragic, but she had to get back on her feet and do what she had to do to keep her family's business alive. She took real good care of this place. It was something that was really sentimental because her folks from years before was doing the same that she was doing.

She was a really pretty girl. Isabella has long brown hair that went past her waist, dark brown eyes, and eyelashes that looked fake but they were definitely real. Her face was so natural and glowed whenever they were out underneath the sun. Isabella wasn't much of a friendly person when it came to strangers. She was sassy and intimidated a lot of people by her strong and confident demeanor. Underneath it all she was a kind and a compassionate woman once she gets comfortable around you. And for the first time Isabella thought that she actually found a real friend, she was grateful for Nurah.

"Benvenuti a Diso's!" Isabella shouted to whoever walked in the bar. "Hey Nurah, I'm gonna go use the bathroom and I'll be back."

"Just leave me here all by myself, thanks," Nurah says sarcastically.

"Oh hush, it'll be quick," Isabella assured her before she left.

Nurah had started getting a tingly feeling in her stomach for one odd reason, and she knew what it meant. Oddly, she felt like somebody was burning holes into the back of her skull. Deciding to turn around to put her suspicions at bay, she was greeted with a familiar pair of beautiful topaz eyes.

Zayn just stared at her, not even wanting to look away from the girl that he had been thinking about. He sat on a couch on the far end of the bar with an untouched drink in his hand. Sauve was talking to him but Zayn wasn't paying attention to him at all. He just looked so sad and it made Nurah's stomach churn. The faint memories of them being around each other flashed back into her mind again. She wanted to look away to make it stop but didn't have the strength for it.

"See, I told you that I would be back," Isabella chirped once she returned. She looked at Nurah with a soft frown. "Are you okay? You look like you seem a ghost or something."

"I-I'm gonna go to the bathroom now," Nurah stammered getting out of the bar stool and leaving quickly.

Isabella was just confused, "Okay?"

Nurah almost felt like she was going to have a full meltdown in this bar. It was a packed Friday night and she tried her very best not to push people out the way. Her anxiety was about to eat her alive. And to make matters worse she had bumped into a certain someone that she was trying to avoid.

"Can we talk?" Was the first thing Zayn asked her, holding onto her wrist so she wouldn't leave.

"There's nothing to talk about," Nurah bluntly says to him as she snatched her wrist away from him.

"Nurah please, just let me explain myself," he begged.

"Listen, I think it's best for us to stay away from each other," she told him with a fake smile before trying to move past him.

But Zayn grabbed her wrist again and pulled her back, "Can't you see that it's driving us both crazy?"

She scoffed, rolling her eyes, "Speak for yourself. I was doing just fine until you bumped into me just now," and then she pulled her wrist back from him again.

"Let's just try to solve this, please," Zayn was so desperate at this point. He would literally do anything.

Nurah shook her head while she chuckled bitterly, "It's not that easy Zayn. And I hate to say no to you, but I have to do what is best for us so that neither of us are going to end up getting hurt."

"I don't want neither of us to get hurt either, but can we at least work something out?" Zayn pleaded with her.

"No," she gently snapped, slowly getting annoyed.

"I-I never wanted to hurt you Nurah," Zayn says with a sad frown on his face. "I just—,"

She cut him off because she has heard that way too many times in her life, "Then what did you want to happen between us that day at your place? Did you just think that you could fluff me up so you can just fuck me?"

"I wasn't thinking, okay?" Zayn groaned rubbing his forehead in frustration.

"Well let me do the thinking for you," Nurah hissed poking his chest with her finger. "I'm not going to let some scrubby ass nigga like you walk into my life and think that you can play me. Because you don't have the right intentions then I advise you to stay the fuck away from me."

With a huff she pushed him out of her way and just left him there in the middle of the hallway. He wanted to bring her back and stop her from leaving. But he was too numb to do anything now.

-

personal opinions on this ? do you think that nurah should've given him another chance / let him explain himself ? or was leaving the right thing ? 

vote/comment
- BookOfBandz