Mating ritual

Scarlett's POV
Oh man my neck aches. That won't stop me from rolling over and looking at my handsome mate. I stroke the stumble along Cole's jaw. Not even noticing that he is staring at me with awe in his eyes.  It was my turn to initiate the kiss this time. I brought my head up and pressed my lips softly against his. He then deepened the kiss and his tongue licked my bottom lip requesting entrance. At first I didn't allow it but after he slap my bum I had no choice. The kiss was hot and desperate. I couldn't help but want more. My hands slid over his bare torso and threaded through his soft hair. His hands grabbed the hem of my top and lifted it over my head. That was when I realised I wasn't wearing a bra. That didn't seem to stop him.

Cole's POV
That's it. I have finally completed the mating ritual. And I am no longer a virgin. I am so happy that I didn't reject my mate.
She is truly something special. Now we are fully mated the whole pack will recognise her as their Luna. So will everyone else.
I watch as my beautiful mate stands up and walks towards the bathroom. A few minutes later I hear the shower turn on. I could join her but I don't want to cause her any more pain.

Scarlett's POV
Right now I am getting dressed to go out for ice cream with Chelsea. But I can't stop thinking about this morning.  I am no longer the innocent girl I was. And I am happy about it.
Every chance I get I look at my mark in the mirror.  It is truly wonderful. There was a white wolf and a black wolf kissing. With their heads in the shape of a heart.

I just don't understand the mark

I just don't understand the mark. I know Cole has shifted. But I haven't yet. Nor do I know what Cole's wolf looks like. Maybe this is an insight into what my wolf looks like.