Chapter Four: Feelings

Start from the beginning

"What happened honey? Look, I you don't like William I can find another job." Dad said, pulling me away.

"No, it's not William. William is really nice but it's his control freak of a father." I answered rubbing away the tears.

"Ya, well that's what he's known for." Dad grumbled and I chuckled at his face expression. "What did he do this time?" He asked, frowning.

"He said that he'll change my school because his younger son said that it was not safe for me." I mumbled, rolling my eyes.

"Then why are you sad? You wanted to change your school since the second year. You used to say 'Daddy, I want to go to the best school in America. This

school is crappy.' Don't you remember?" Dad asked curiously. I just shook my head. "Well, think about it anyway, I think it would be good for you and your scholarship." Dad said.

"Ya sure. I'll think about it. But for now. Mr. I-am-a-suck-up said that they are going to pick me up at seven and I have to wear something...better." I tried to

mimic his voice but it just made him laugh loudly.

"I love you." He said as he hugged me. I felt a smile appear on my face.

"Love you too dad." I hugged him back.

"I'm so sorry." He whispered.

"Dad, it's okay. It isn't your fault, plus I said I agreed to the deal....speaking of the deal, did you get a better job?" I asked backing away.

"Ya. Much better." Dad nodded.

" Then, what are you sorry about. I'm happy when you are. Now, I need to get dressed for Mr. I am-a-suck-up is going to pick me up. And have to take a bath." I

said as I got up.

"Okay honey. Just be careful." Dad said as he closed the door behind him.

"Elektra? Um...why aren't you dressed?" Dad asked as I sat next to him in the living room. "They're coming any moment now." He frowned, looking at his watch.

"I am dressed." I mumbled looking at me grey sweat pants and my little miss chatterbox grey jumper. Dad turned to me with a confused expression.

"Isn't that they pyjama I got you last year?" Dad asked scrutinizing my clothes.

"Yup it is." I grinned.

"Honey...Mr. Darcy won't appreciate it." He grimaced.

"I know." I turned to him. Dad's eyes widened in shock.

"Oh no, no, no. What are you planning to do?" He asked.

"While I was taking a bath, I was thinking....and I have an idea." I said, looking at dad's expression. When he didn't say anything, I continued, "Remember when he said that he's a man of his word?" I asked and dad nodded, perplexed now. "Well, he said to you that I have to agree to marry his son and I did. And he gave you a better job and that I can continue my studies. But, he never thought that I could make his son and himself dislike me, which will bring the result of me not marrying his son."

"Okay...but then, I'll loose my job." Dad frowned.

"Aha, you see. I agreed to marry his son, but it's going to be his choice when he doesn't want me to marry his son." I got up. "So, what do you think?" I asked

as I turned back to him. I waited for him to say something but he just stared at me emotionless. "Dad? Are you okay?" I asked as I kneeled in front of him.

"Yes. I'm perfectly fine." I stared at him in shock when his accent turned British and once again...it sounded like...William. Dad began coughing and shaking his head.