~Forty: Fight~

Loki clicked off the VHS player, eyes dismal as they remained locked on the cement floor of the abandoned facility. The silence consumed the two men who were practically frozen with shock. He grabbed the tape from the machine and set it down on the table beside him, unwilling to look at it.

"Did you know?" asked Stephen, his voice sounding extremely loud as it pierced through the silence.

Loki shook his head. "Did you?"

Stephen also shook his head, letting out a sigh.

The two men let silence consume them once again before Loki abruptly cleared his throat, pacing about the room.

"It doesn't matter anymore. That was a long time ago. Right now, we need to find Lizzie and Peter before HYDRA finds out we're here."

"Um... I think we're a bit late," Stephen said, looking with widened eyes towards the back entrance of the building. Loki followed his gaze, and swallowed uneasily when he saw a dark, hooded figure standing in the doorway.

Her outfit was made out of a tough, red material that looked almost impenetrable. A black belt hugged the suit close to her body, and a hooded cape was attached to her by several gray clips on her shoulders. Metal armor was pattended to her shoulders, arms, and knees A muzzle was clamped over her mouth, preventing her from uttering even the slightest sound.

But, even through all of that, the two men knew immediately who was behind that suit.

"Lizzie," Loki said, outstretching his hands to show her he wasn't carrying any weapons. "We're not going to hurt you."

She didn't move a muscle.

"You know who we are, Lizzie. I know you do."

She did nothing to acknowledge his statement, and instead disappeared before their very eyes.

"Dammit," Loki cursed, looking around frantically. "Lizzie, please don't make us hurt you."

The response Loki gained was a punch to his jaw.

He thought fast, and quickly grabbed Lizzie's fist before she could yank it away, pulling her forcefully towards him.

She aimed a harsh kick to his groin, and out of surprise, Loki groaned and released her. "Stephen!" he yelled, his voice strained.

Stephen threw his arms out, blindly reaching for the girl. He yelped in surprise when he felt one hand grab each of his arms. He immediately illuminated orange shields from his hands, and felt a sense of satisfaction when he heard a muffled cry. She immediately released him, and he took this opportunity to restrain her in a loose headlock.

She clawed at his arms blindly and made herself visible again, thrashing wildly against Stephen's hold.

Suddenly, she calmed, and threw her hands behind her. Black magic began to surround Stephen, and he looked around frantically, confused by the darkness.

Soon, he fell to the ground in a heap, as Lizzie had used her magic to knock him unconscious.

Before she could even take in one breath, a blast emitted from behind her and she went flying towards the back wall. She stopped herself mid-air with her magic before she could collide with the wall, hovering far above the cement floor.