Chapter 15

Chapter 15

"Jäger!" Adam called.

"Let him go." Cole said. "He always feel responsible for his friends."

"We need to go after him." Adam said.

"Can't." Cole said. "My guns are out of juice."

"I will." Adam said.

"Wait." Mia said. "I." She groaned "I packed Cole's old bow. However, I did upgrade his arrows."

"How?" Cole asked. "Like what did you do to the arrows?"

"You'll see." She smiled.

Cole smiled.

"Come on let's go." Adam said walking into the forest.

Cole started after him, but he was stopped by Mia's voice.

"Cole." Mia started.

Cole turned around and looked at her with his sky blue eyes.

Looking at his eyes Mia felt shaky and nervous saying this, but she had to get this out.

"I just wanted to say that I've liked you for a while now. And..." She was stuttering. "And I I don't want this to hurt our friendship I I just wanted to tell you this. I'm sorry if you don't feel the same ab-" she was cut off by Cole kissing her. It was a short kiss, but she loved it.

She smiled when Cole pulled away. Cole smiled back. "I feel the same." He said. Then he ran off into the forest after Adam.

Cole brought out his bow. Even though Mia said it was his old bow. It wasn't. This one was a black with neon orange spots bow. It could easily fold together and unfold. It was very portable.

As Adam and Cole went along Cole inspecting his arrows.

Explosions, high pitched sounds, foam for falling, grappling hooks, regular, punching fist, there were many kinds!

He loved Mia for doing this! She also hard extra quivers in the plane! They survived.

"Ugh where did he go?!" Adam said.

"I don't know. It's so muddy though." Cole complained.

That's when it hit Adam. He ducked down and saw footsteps. He followed the footsteps.

Cole just saw Adam squatting and walking like that.

"Uhm. What the heck are you doing?" Cole asked.

Adam kept walking.

"Dude, you're kinda freaking me out." Cole said.

Adam put his hand up in a fist. Cole stopped instantly. Adam pointed towards the giant hill.

Cole looked up. There was some commotion that he could barely make out.

Adam and Cole sprinted up there.

5 minutes later they found the dead bodies of at least a pack of wolves. Some were stabbed, sliced, or totally cut in half, others were unscathed, but not breathing.

Cole looked over them. All Adam said was "Damn. He took all them on?"

"Don't underestimate him." Cole said. "He gets angry when he's grieving, sad, or not happy basically."

"Any idea why?" Adam asked.

"I saw him talking to himself once." Cole said.

"You never asked why?" Adam said.

"Nope." Cole responded. "It's his business."

A few minutes later they appeared by a volcano. They saw Jäger looking over it.

Jäger laid down and brought out som binoculars then muttered something to himself. He got up and looked around.

Then Adam dove forward and grabbed Jäger. He pulled him back into the bush.

Jäger kicked and punched. He pulled he tried to grab his knife, but it was pulled out and nicked Adam on the left shoulder.

He groaned in pain. "Quit it Jäger before someone gets killed." Adam snapped.

"No." He snapped back. "I need to save my friend."

"Jäger." Cole said. "We are here to help you."

Since Jäger and Cole had shared a big portion of their life together Jäger immediately knew the voice. He stopped fighting.

"What did you see Jäger." Adam said leading them out of the bush.

"A city. A huge monster village city type thing. There was many trading booths, barracks, houses, restaurants, all of that stuff." Then he looked at them. "Here, we are the invaders."

"I have a plan then." Cole said.

15 minutes later Adam found himself walking down to the Volcano his hands behind his head and 4 vampires escorting him. The volcano was covered by trees so vampires could roam freely.

They reached the bottom and Adam was escorted towards the army camp. Adam flashed a smile at a humanoid eagle. She cowered from the smile. Adam frowned. They were scared to death of him. Everyone was hiding.

The gates to the military side opened.

When it closed Adam flung his right hand at the two vampires in front of him. Two wooden stakes were inserted it their hearts. Adam spun with his left hand and the other two shared the same fate.

Adam hooted like an owl up towards the top.

Cole and Jäger slid down on ropes.

Jäger handed Adam Adam's weapons.

Then the doors to some barracks opened.

Cole shot a net arrow at a griffon that walked out. He was encased in a net and they hauled him away.

"Where are you keeping her?" Adam ordered.

"Keeping who?" The griffon asked.

"Don't play dumb." Cole said. "Jillian. The human girl. The girl that your wolves abducted last night!"

"Her?" The griffon asked frightened. "I can't tell. She will kill me!"

"Who?" Jäger asked.

"The snake lady." He said his eyes filled with terror. "We call her Medusa. She has a staff that can turn people into glass. She can control your mind too!"

Cole, Adam, and Jäger looked at each other.

"Where is Jillian?" Adam asked sternly.

"In the east wing. Building 123. Prison floor. Level -10." Griffon said.

Jäger cut him free. "Go. Fly away."

"Y-you're not gonna kill me?" The griffon said.

"I don't know what evil lies people have told you about us, but no. We only do it in self defense. They attack us, we attack them. You helped. We help. You can leave and forget that, or spread the word we aren't the villains." Adam said.

"The Choir said you guys were evil." Griffon said. "They hired Medusa to help us kill you. She told the zombies to shoot you down and then once you were on this island she prepared to sneak attack you guys. Of course slime got in the way!"

"Don't trust the choir." Cole said. "They hate us because we are going to take away their tyrannical grip on the world."

"I'll help anyway I can." The griffon said.

"First. Tell everyone we aren't the bad guys. The choir is." Jäger said.

"Will do." He said. Then he flew off.

"Now." Adam said. "Let's go find Jillian."