Chapter 4

Chapter 4

(Adam speaking the whole time.)

*flashback*

Reddit and I go way back. Reddit was 16 when he discovered the truth about me. I was only 10. We were in the same troop together. I was the Knave. He was the scientist.

We were on a stealth mission to recover a sample of something. I saw some sort of monster come charging at us. It got closer and I pushed Reddit out of the way and cut the monster in half. Some blood fell on Reddit, but he didn't know where it came from.

I thought he had the seen the monster. He hadn't. He called me crazy. After a while he realized I was one of the 5. He brought it up to our leader. Eventually he got permission to run tests on me.

I tried to deny. I had no choice. He got enough data to build the goggles. He needed more for the neural suit. More from me. I declined. Told him he would run no more tests on me. I escaped from the rebels. Reddit told me he would run no more tests on me or anyone. He would work with what he had. I didn't believe him.

I still don't. Eventually Reddit became leader because of his science and discovery. Everyone got the suits and goggles. I was still a lone wolf. I never wanted to join the rebels. I still don't.

(Back to third person.)

"Reddit has changed." Cole said. "He's not like that. He promised he wouldn't so he won't. If he does we will all leave. At least I will. Join back up."

Adam was persistent not to. After a lot of persuasion he eventually decided to join the rebels again.