Chapter 11

Chapter 11

"It's two in the morning Reddit!" Adam said annoyed. "What could you possibly want?"

"Both of you shut up!" Jillian said throwing a pillow at Adam. "I was a having a great dream guys!"

"Mom. I don't wanna go to school." Cole muttered waking up. Mia laughed.

Jäger was out cold. He was drooling on his pillow.

"I need you guys to fly to a remote island. The Choir has captured another rebel base. You need to free them and give them supplies and relief support." Reddit said. "You have one hour to get to the hangar. All of you."

"We went on a mission less than 12 hours ago." Mia complained.

"I don't care." Reddit said. "59 minutes now!"

Adam, Jillian, and Mia got up and went to get ready. Cole woke up Jäger.

"It's two AM! Can't this wait till morning!" Jäger yelled.

"This is Reddit we are talking about." Cole explained.

"Right. That makes sense." Jäger said calmly. "He's a nut head."

Within an hour everyone met at the hangar.

"You have supplies, some weapons, food, first aid, and tools in this aircraft. You have a pilot to escort you to the landing zone. You will rescue the outpost, then report back to me." Reddit explained.

The 5 loaded into the ship, Reddit saluted and the ship took off.

The 5 chatted on the plane. "Hey Jäger." Cole whispered to Jäger. "Is it just me or does Mia look good today."

Jäger smiled. "You like her mate?"

"Wha-?" His voiced cracked even though they were whispering. His cheeks became red. "I do not."

Jäger laughed. "Sure sure. Come on mate. You need to ask her on a date though."

"We are soldiers though. Comrades." Cole said.

"Teenagers. We still need to live." Jäger explained.

"I guess. When though? How?" Cole asked.

"Whenever you get the chance. Whatever feels right." Jäger answered.

"I guess I could right now." Cole said looking over towards the girls on the other side of the plane. He saw something behind them. A rebel aircraft. Cole smiled. Then something unexpected happened. It started firing. "Get down." Cole yelled pulling Adam and Jäger to the ground.

Jillian dropped. Mia was a bit slower. A bullet found her right shoulder. She yelped and fell to the ground bleeding and gasping. You could tell she was holding back tears.

Adam crawled to the cabin. A moment later he crawled back. "We are under attack." He said.

"No derp Sherlock." Cole said. Bullets whizzed over their heads. Then the plane started falling. It dove towards the ground.

"The pilot is out." Jillian stated. "We need to abort. We have our glider suits."

Cole and Jillian helped Mia over to the door. "I'm ok. I'm ok. I don't need help." Mia said. "I got shot in the arm, not the foot." Then the realization hit her. "I got shot in the arm!"

Adam opened the door and ordered Jillian and Mia out. Jillian held Mia and jumped out. Cole and Jäger were about to jump. Cole said "you coming?"

"I'll be right there." Adam said distracted. "Go!" He yelled over the wind.