Chapter 1

Chapter 1

"Come on Cole! You're going to be late!"

Cole rushed down the stairs to go to school. He was ready for a carefree day with his friends. Today was field day. It's basically an all day recess. Cole had already planned his day with his friends Jäger and Tom.

"Here is your bagel. Run. The bus will be here and second now." Cole's mom said.

"Thanks mom." Cole said. He was a tall boy. This was the one day he didn't have to wear his school uniform. Every school has a uniform. It's The Choir's orders.

Cole ran toward the bus stop in his weird clothes. He wore a jacket because it was cloudy out. He wore his jeans a size to big, and his tight t-shirt. Cole had brown hair and was light skinned.

When he saw the bus he sprinted full speed. He got the bus stop right before the doors closed. He slipped in and sat down to Jäger. Jäger was short about maybe 5 foot and had buzzed red hair. He also had an awesome British Accent!

Jäger and Cole were chatting away when they looked up at the road. There, about 100 feet away, they both saw a bulky, little dragon type thing. It had fangs coming from his bottom jaw up to his eyes. He was greasy and bloody, he had claws on his hands. No one else seemed to notice this monster. Not even the bus driver.

The monster prepared to strike at the bus. Jäger ran up and steered the bus to the left. Everyone screamed and the driver looked shocked and confused at Jäger. However, the monster, now angry, was behind them.

Then in a burst of confusion. The top of the bus ripped off, and men with goggles came down and took Cole and Jäger. Everyone was knocked out.

Cole woke up on a couch. He was in a room, er cavern would explain it better. There were bright lights dangling from the ceiling and in the walls. The roof had to have been at least a mile up!

The cavern was probably about 500 feet wide, and maybe a mile or more long.

There were walkways all above him, and computers and couches and all this tech around him.

He sat up as three men walked towards him. "Ah, and you must be Cole?" The man in the middle said. He had on these weird goggles, he wore a mask, and wore a black robe.

"Where's Jäger!?" Cole ordered.

"Your friend is quite safe. He is awake and fine. I want to ask you a few questions." The man with the robe said. Next to him were people in full black jumpsuits and goggles like him.

"First, who are you?" Cole asked.

"I am Reddit. The rebel leader." The man in the middle said.

Cole backed away. "We heard stories about you in school! You're evil!"

He sighed "Again the school and the world try and make us look bad. We are the good guys, your government is corrupt. Now tell me, why did you swerve the bus to the side?"

"It was Jäger." Cole said.

"Well do you know why he did?" The man asked calmly.

"Don't call me crazy, but we say this... This figure. Like a monster. No one else saw it and the bus driver wouldn't move, we would have run into it and possibly died!" Cole exclaimed.

Reddit nodded and outstretched a hand. "We've been waiting for someone like you for quite a while now Cole." Reddit said right as Jäger walked out of a room. Jäger look up in awe at the structure. He was wearing a black jumpsuit without the mask and goggles. "If you'll join us, we would like you to join us and defeat The Choir. You have the vision. You see the truth. You can interact with the other universe, we can only see them with these goggles. You and Jäger have a special gift that comes every ten years. As far as we know, you are the only ones who survived from 16 years ago. We tried to save the generation 6 years ago, but we were too late. Join us please. We can overthrow this dictatorship, use your power for good!"

"I will if Jäger will." Cole said taking Reddit's hand. Jäger smiled.

Then welcome to The Rebels." Reddit said smiling.