Chapter 2

Chapter 2

"Cut it out Mia." Jillian said laughing. Mia and Jillian were best friends and were at lunch messing with each other.

Mia was laughing and elbowed her. "Come on, you like him!"

"I do not!" Jillian said elbowing Mia a little bit harder.

"Ok, ok fine. He's cute though! Admit it."

"Fine, Adam is pretty cute." She said looking at Adam a few tables over. He was sitting by the window. Adam had blond hair, brown eyes, and he was about 5 foot 6 inches. Short for a junior. He wore a sort of mix of whatever is in style and medieval.

"Hah! I knew it!" Mia exclaimed!

"So what have you accomplished?" Jillian asked.

"Go talk to him." Mia ordered.

"Wha-?!" Jillian said surprised! "No way!"

"I'll give you my chocolate bar." Mia said. Waving the bar teasingly.

"Fine." Jillian said. She started walking over to his table.

Then the wall exploded. All the students ran except Adam, Jillian, and Mia who saw the monster.

Adam threw off his jacket. Under it was a full body, light-weight, armor. He also had boots and gloves on. He pulled up his mask which turned into some type of helmet. He reached down to his boots and pulled out some canisters. He pressed a button and out popped some wicked blades. They were slightly curved, and about 2-3 feet long. "Damn it. I thought I got you off my trail!"

The monster, who was about 20 feet tall, was slimy, bulky, and had fangs the size of a little kid just grunted. Behind him it was cloudy and raining, 4 little "people" were gliding around. They were about 6 feet tall each, they landed on each side of him and hissed, their little razor sharp fangs were intimidating.

"I see the monster world couldn't trust you to kill me on your own." Adam said.

Then the 4 vampire thingies flung themselves at Mia and Jillian.

The screamed and ducked. Jillian punched one and it disintegrated.

"Only the touch of a chosen one can kill a Jakle." Adam said under his breath. "Of course! They can see them!" He laughed! "Keep punching Jillian!" Adam called before an army of the vampires came in. "Uhm, you too Mia!"

"He knows our names!" Jillian squealed quietly.

"Survive now, celebrate later!" Mia called. She was smiling too.

"I guess all those ju-jutsu lessons will pay off." Jillian said kicking one. It flew aside and hit a table, but got right back up and lunged. At that point the air was full of them.

"Adam, it didn't disintegrate." Jillian called.

Adam, who was on the monsters shoulder fighting something coming out of his ear called down. "They're invincible, but their weakness is human skin, er, certain types of humans. Too hard to explain. I'll explain later!" Then under his breath he said. "Or I can erase their memories of this."

Jillian and Mia took off their shoes and started punching, slapping, head butting, kicking, anything they could.

"No, they have powers. The Choir can't get ahold of them." He sighed and stabbed the monster in the giant's ear. "Guess Reddit's gonna have to keep them. They can replace me. That's the best he's getting from me." Adam said talking to himself.

Then the ceiling blew up. A ship floated down and out popped 2 boys. Cole and Jäger. They slid down ropes and split up. Reddit was in the ship above looking down at the children.

"Too much a diva to get dirty and help huh Reddit?" Adam called up.

Reddit called back "You should know I can't touch them. The goggles can only let me see them. We are working on a system that can mess with our nerves in order to feel and attack them."

"Nerd." Adam said to himself.

Cole started helping Mia and Jillian. Jäger helped Adam.

"So." Jäger said. "What is this thing im climbing on?"

"Well right now a leg." Adam called down to him.

"Woah. You're one smart mate." He called up. "I mean the monster bloke!"

"An Eneartha." Adam responded cutting off the monsters ear. "It's been hunting me for weeks. Now it doesn't have an ear."

"Well," Jäger said. "You seem to have your hands full."

"Yep." Adam said thrusting his sword into the giants eye.

"You never came to the Rebels?" He asked.

The monster stumbled and fell. Adam flipped off and Jäger slid down the leg. Adam turned and looked at Jäger. He pulled off his helmet and started straight at Jäger. "Listen here Shorty-" He started.

"Youre only half a foot taller." Jäger pointed out.

"- Reddit and I have a long history. I fly solo. I don't need him and his wanna be gang of rebels. I'm doing just fine on my own."

"You almost died along with two other girls."

"We were doing fine when you're little caravan of idiots popped in." Adam said frustuarted. "Bottom line is. I don't need you. Take the girls, but I am not coming!"

He turned, turned his helmet into a mask, put back on his jacket, and but the blades up. "Tell Reddit to leave me alone." He said to Jäger. Then he dissapeared into the clouds.

Mia, Jillian, and Cole had finished off the vampire things also known as Jakles.

"So he's not coming?" Jillian asked sadly watching Adam walk away.

"The guy's a bloody jerk anyway." Jäger said annoyed.

Jillian looked at Mia. "This is what you accomplish when you get me to admit a guy is cute?!" Jillian half yelled at Mia.

"Not my fault we got attacked. Blame the whatever those things were." Mia said.

Cole looked at both of them. "Come on guys. We will take you to our base. I'm pretty sure Reddit wants to meet you two."