Chapter 6) Meeting

Start from the beginning

The boy lit up, a smile taking over his face. The answer to Per's question was, yea, his eyes got smaller. The mage felt something in his chest that he couldn't understand. He never felt it before, the soft flutter of his heart. He stared at the boy wondering how someone could be so cute. He shook his head. What the hell was wrong with him; he did not just think the boy was cute. His eyes closed as he tried to push the weird feeling away.

The bed dipped again and there was a soft touch to his arm. Per's eyes opened as he glanced at the boy focusing on undoing the bandaging. His attention was fully on cleaning the wound. Neither of them talked as the small hands worked quickly. Per couldn't pull his eyes away from the boy. He was just too cute, how his eyebrows pinched together and his lip was tucked between his teeth. When the boy finished, he glanced at Per, a small proud smile on his lips.

The mage smiled. "Thank you," he said just above a whisper. The boy's smile grew and he quickly looked away. "What's your name?"

Those soft brown eyes widen as he looked at Per. His lips quivered like he wanted to say it. But before he could he snapped his mouth shout and bolted out of the room. Per quickly stood ready to follow him. He made it out the door before he was stopped by a hand on his arm. He was forced around to meet the same annoying Beta from last night, Ohm. He had to suppress the urge to roll his eyes. Instead he wretched his arm out of the Beta's grip. He scowled at the wolf before twisting around. His eyes darted around, looking for any sign of the boy. He huffed, shoulders sagging slightly. The boy was gone. He turned back to the Beta.

"Am I to guess you are my guard," Per spat crossing his arms.

Ohm smiled, his canines in full view. "Would you look at that, you're not as dumb as you look." Per snorted, eyes rolling. "You have your brother to thank," he snarled, eyes narrowing into a glare. "If he hadn't left you behind I wouldn't have to be here!"

"Ah." Per shrugged. "Had a date or something?"

"Or something."

The mage snickered before turning away and walking deeper into the town. He could hear the wolf hissing through clenched teeth.

"Yah! Where are you going?"

"Anywhere to ruin your day." Per laughed when Ohm's curse met his ears. His day was starting off on the right foot.

—————————————————————————

Pang rummaged through her closet. She knew the box was somewhere inside, just didn't really know where. The girl huffed, hands going to her waist. Why did she beg her father to make her closet bigger closet? Her eyes darted around the closet. A squeal left her when she saw her mother's delicate handwriting sprawled across a box hidden behind her dresses. Grabbing the box, Pang rushed back into her room. She sat on the edge of her bed, peering into the box.

So far, the day had been going well. Lilly was incredible. The little girl was sweet and adorable. A little shy with the other town's people but with Pang the girl was a ball of energy. Constantly talking and dragging the older girl around. Not that she minded. In just a short few hours Pang had grown attached to Lilly and she adored the girl very much. Pang had a feeling that the more time she spent with Lilly the more she'd become wrapped around the girl's finger.

Shin on the other hand, had kept his distance. He chuckled softly whenever Lilly would do something silly. But when he caught Pang watching his smile would fall and a mask would take its place. He was animate with his daughter but when it came to Pang there was a distance of sort. A wall had been placed between them and while Pang couldn't blame him, they were, after all, a wolf and a mage and had just met, it still hurt. She wasn't giving up though. Shin was her mate and she wasn't going to let him go. Not even if he or her brother was against it!