sixteen

I woke up next to Ross on Monday morning dreading to go to work. I laid in bed for a minute before getting up. I grabbed one of my dresses out of my suitcase, and put it on. If Jay was going to fire me today, I was going to make sure I looked so beautiful and he was going to regret everything. The dress went down to above my knee, skin tight, low cut, and had the thinnest of straps. The black dress hugged my figure beautifully, and I was ready to go to work after putting on makeup and putting on heels.

"Hey Ross, I'm heading to work do you wanna ride?" I asked after eating breakfast.

"Sure, let me go find my jacket real quick." Ross said before fleeing to his room to grab his army green bomber jacket. "You look amazing today." He complemented me while he was getting into the car.

"Thanks, I'm trying to not get fired, and stir up the pot a little." I looked out of my mirror and started to leave the apartment complex.

"Stir the pot?" He asked.

"It's something different, I'm trying to see how much Jay misses me, all that shit." I drove to AOMG and parked beside Grays Mercedes. I could feel Ross's jealousy rising after I said Jays name.

"Is he the only prize and I'm just something to use?" Ross asked as soon as I took the key out of ignition.

"No, look I don't wanna argue with you right now, I'm already in too many I just wanna get work done and leave. We can argue later." I said getting out of the car.

"Arden, I need to know if you are only with me because you miss Jay?" He called after me. He walked down the parking garage stairs with me and I walked into the building without answering him. When I got in the building, the receptionist was already in the lobby waiting for me.

"Miss. Chateau, can I escort you to a meeting with Jay please?" I nodded and I followed her down to the elevator. "So... How was your weekend?"

"Less than average." I looked down at my my feet.

"I guess no club dates with Jay huh?" She smiled, I gave her a fake laugh and smile before the elevator opened. She unlocked Jay's office door and escorted me in. I sat down in the leather chair that was across from him. I crossed my ankles and hoped this was going to be quick and easy like a band aid. After what felt like five minutes I looked up at Jay who was still fixated at his computer screen. I readjusted myself hoping he would notice me but he didn't even look up. Suddenly he looked up and we made eye contact. It turned into a battle of who is going to say something or look away first- and I wasn't backing down. Tears started to form in Jay's eyes.

"Don't cry." I reached over his large desk to wipe his tears from his eyes.

"This weekend has been the worst of my life." He managed to get out through sobs.

"Jay, you cheated on me and that's you personal decision. I didn't go sleep with anyone! Was I not good enough for you? Was I not like all the other models you so called dated? I don't wanna be in a relationship where I had second thoughts about you all the time. I was always wondering when you were coming home or what strange new perfume was on your collar of your shirt. Jay, I can't be with you, end of story." I ranted.

"It wasn't that you didn't satisfy me, it was just different with you. When I was with girls in the clubs I was able to do my thing and leave. You are the only person I've committed to, it just felt weird." Jay looked down and moved his rings around on his finger. "Take me back, I love you."

"Jay, this isn't goin to work if I don't trust you."

"Come to America with me." He blurted.

"No, Jay. I'm staying in Seoul and I'm going to work normally and I'm goin to find an apartment. Life goes on with or with out you."

"But I will miss you so much when I'm away. I could barely do a weekend, how will I do two weeks?" Jay whined.

"Text me, I don't know, we are not together anymore! It doesn't matter." At this point I didn't know what to do, I just wanted to get back to work.

"I don't want you hanging out with Ross." Jay clicked his pen in his hand.

"Why?" I asked raising an eyebrow, "we are no longer together, I can do whatever I want."

"I still love you and I don't want you to love anyone else but me." In that moment I got up and left his office. Something about that sentence hurt me so much, but it also felt like I've made a lot of mistakes since moving to Seoul. I got in the elevator and put my back against the wall feeling defeated, as if all my energy left me. Jay loved me but I couldn't love him enough to make him stay. Ross and I loved each other but I couldn't say the argument we had earlier was nothing. Ross did have a point, and I don't want to break his heart. My vision of Seoul was way different when I moved here. I was optimistic of a new life with new people and new things. Now I feel like Seoul haunted me. I reached down to the ground floor and left AOMG. Just like that I let go of everything.