five

It's a new dawn, it's a new life and I'm feeling good.

I sing along to my music as I get ready. I try to convince myself that life goes on and that I will live through this and everything happens for a reason. This is what I want to trick myself into thinking.

I walk into the office, I am in a tight red body-con dress. I thought I might as well make myself feel good with clothes and my makeup. I get into the elevator and no Jay this far has popped up. I walk into my office placing my bag down on the sofa and listening to the melody of my heels tapping the floor. I sit at my desk and look through my schedule for the day.

10 am- meeting with artist (Hoody, Gray, and Loco)

11am- call with Roc Nation about Jay decision

12pm to 1pm- lunch

Then I had free time until 3pm- meeting with Jay. Wonderfull.

After my meeting with some artist and the call with the people of Roc Nation, I went downstairs to lunch. I walk to a McDonald's and go back to sit at my desk. Before I could get in the elevator, the receptionist calls me over.

"Arden?" She calls.

"Yes?" I ask.

"Have you seen Jay? He hasn't arrived all day. He never misses work."

"I haven't seen him, I'll ask Chase about it." I say walking to the elevator. I walk into Cha Cha's office, and he is working on a beat.

"Hey Chase, do you know where Jay is?" I didn't want to interrupt his progress but it felt important. Jay never misses work, and Katrina, the receptionist, looked worried.

"I have no idea, I'm guessing you got in an argument." He stopped his music and motioned for me to sit next to him.

"How do you know?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"Jay told me about the it after you left." He takes a sip of water from his bottle, "I kinda figured he wouldn't be at work, but he won't even answer his phone. I'm sure he will be better by tomorrow."

"I might go leave work early to see him."

"I wouldn't do that Arden." He edits a beat and continues, "it's just not safe."

"What do you mean?"

"It's just not a good idea to see him. I don't want you to-- you know what never mind." He contradicts himself halfway through his sentence.

"Chase, please tell me. I need to know. If it something like he doesn't like to be seen crying I'm still going to go over." I fidget with my fingers as I talk to him.

"When he is sad he drinks- a lot. I don't want you to get hurt." He spills.

"I'm going now, I need to get him to stop." I am so worried about Jay. If he drinks too much, he might be hospitalized, if I go now, I can help.

"He really loves you, he talks about you all the time. He drinks a lot when someone leaves him. Don't go for the sake of I don't want Jay to hurt you." I felt a tear slide down my face. How could I over react over something he didn't mean? Was I over reacting?

"I still want to go, for Jay's livers sake." I dry my eyes, and give a half hearted smile to Chase.

"Okay be careful." He called before I left his office. Chase always was there when ever had problems, and I really appreciated having someone there for me. I walked to Jay's apartment and you know that feeling when your heart hurts? I felt like my heart was going to burst. I walked into the elevator and got to Jay's penthouse.

"Jay baby please open up." I knock. I hear a thump before I see Jay shirtless opening door, "I need to talk to you." I continue.

"I have someone over alr-"

"Who?" I interrupt.

"Just a friend chill out." Jay says, "you know what I might as well tell you, come in." he opens the door and I see him with a girl in revealing clothes sitting on the couch. I look back at Jay and cross my airs while raising my eyebrows.

"Arden, this is my friend Chloe." Jay says, "This is my girlfriend."

"We made it official this morning." She says while she holds up her hand up which has a promise ring on it.

"You could've gotten that ring, Arden." He sits next to me while Chloe left to go to the bedroom.

"What everyone said was true, all you are is a playboy." I cry and get up before Jay grabs my hand.

"Sit down, let me explain." Jay looks at me with caring eyes.

"There is nothing to explain!" I yell, "don't act like you care, obviously you don't if you want to fuck that hoe." Immediately after I said that I felt Jay kiss me. I push him off and walk out of the apartment. As soon as I get out, I let my tears fall. I run out of the building, walking into the rainy weather. I called an uber and went back home- too sad to make a return back to work. I sat on the couch, watching Netflix, and trying to forget everything. The past weekend was probably my happiest, and it was taken away so fast.

I returned to work the next day walking straight to my office with no distractions. It was going to be hard to avoid Jay, after all he was my boss. I am scared if he will fire me, because if he does I have nothing. I wanted to be in my office the whole day just working to myself. Luckily that is what was on the schedule- all computer work. I was typing away working on a report when I heard a knock on the door.

"Come in!" I shouted from my desk without looking at the person who just walked in, 'please sit down." I looked up and it was Jay who looked exhausted, depressed, and as if he hadn't eaten anything in the past few days. I looked down and sighed.

"Arden, please I'm so sorry." He cried while I saw a tear go down his face.