eight

I woke up the next morning and rolled over rubbing my eyes. I saw a figure next to me and screamed and scurried out of bed.

"Thanks alarm clock." Jay rolled over. I scrunch my nose at him before pulls me back into bed. "You don't remember any of last night do you?"

"No... I just hope I didn't say yes to what I think I did." I spoke slowly.

"You only said yes to lots of different types of alcohols. Don't worry, if I was going to do anything with you I would want you to remember." He winked, i scrunched my nose at him as I tried to get up, but his arm was wrapped around my waist holding me down. "Where are you trying to go? It's Saturday, sleep in, be lazy."

"I want to go shopping. I want to get new clothes and shoes and whatever else my heart desires." I said while he brushed through my hair with his fingers. Why is that so relaxing?

"Okay, I can take you to the mall." He smiled.

"Around what time and what am I gonna wear?" I ask.

"I can give you one of my shirts and do you have your jeans from yesterday?"

"Mhm but what about makeup?" I hum.

"I'll call my assistant and she can get you everything you need." Jay smiled, "don't worry I got it all under control, just give me a list and I'll get her to buy it."

"Okay." I smile, laying in Jay's silk sheets that smelled like his cologne mad me happy, but also felt weird, but I also felt safe. So many mixed feelings go through right now.

"Do you want anything for breakfast?" He smiles at me which brings me out of thought.

"Sure, do you have pancakes?" We both got out the bed and I followed Jay to the kitchen. He got the pancake mix as I got all the ingredients. Soon enough we had a bunch of pancakes to eat. We sit together at the island eating pancakes and talking about work. Once we finish breakfast, I get into Jay's bathroom to shower and then get dressed. Over breakfast I told Jay to get me all the makeup I needed, so by the time I was sitting waiting for my hair to dry, there was a knock on the door. I throw on the fluffy black robe and tie it around me before opening the door. Jay stands their with two large Sephora bags.

"Thank you!" I smile while he hands the bags over.

"By the way, what shirt you want?" Jay asks.

"Whatever, I mean whatever one you want perfume all over." I giggle.

"I'll get a few and you can pick your favorite then." He says as he closes the door. He comes back a few minutes with three shirts. I look through each one and decide on a regular white t-shirt. After thirty more minutes, I was finished with makeup and clothes but my hair still in a towel drying. I walk back into Jay's bedroom where he was still lying down checking his phone. His hair was already styled and he was in a nice designer dress shirt and jeans. He loosely tucked in his dress shirt which made him look very professional.

"You look gorgeous." I hear as soon as he notices I walked in the room.

"I always look gorgeous." We smile at each other, "I love what your doing with your hair." Jay has been growing out his hair and it's looks so good. He's keeping the sides shaved but on top, he is growing it out.

"Are ready to leave?" Jay gets up and grabs his keys. I hum in response. Jay gets up from his chaise lounge that was on the other side of the room. We head to Jay's car and head off to the mall.

"You know I love spoiling you." Jay smiled while paying for a couple dresses from a store.

"I offer to pay and you just pay anyway. It's unfair." I pout then smile.

"I love seeing you in cute clothes. You look for confident, and it makes me happy." Jay says putting his credit card back into his wallet. Once we leave the store, Jay wraps his arm around my waist and walks over to the jewelry store. Jay heads for the Rolex watches and asks my opinion on them.

"I feel like if your going to get this one it's only for really nice. It's too blinding for everyday wear. This one however, is more everyday." I said as I pointed at the watches through the glass. Jay hummed I response before a sales person came over to grab a few watches for Jay to look out. He picks out the very simple but nonetheless gorgeous watch from Rolex.

"Are you ready to go home?" I nodded in response while Jay and I walked back to the car. Once we got back to the apartment, we sat down on the couch.

"Are you hungry? I can order something if you like."

"Do you have popcorn?" I ask smiling brightly with hope.

"Of course, can you pick something out on Netflix while I make it?" He gets up and walks to the kitchen.

"Sure!" I flip through the titles and pick The Office. It was my favorite tv show, and luckily Jay liked it too. We ate popcorn and watched about half of the first episode before I felt Jay's eyes on me.

"What do you want?" I threw a popcorn at him.

"What are we, are just friends?"

"I want to be, let's just take it slow, why are you in such a rush fuckboy?" I smile.

"I'm not a fuckboy for one, two, taking things slow is just too... slow. I like fast."

"When you too fast you end up driving off a mountain and it tumble down as it burns, or you run into a another car and it, again, crashes and burns."

"Do you love me, Arden?"

"Not really, I lost a lot of feelings when you were embarrassed to go out with me."

"It's not like th-"

"Yes it was. Don't lie to yourself, Jay." I interrupt, "I think it's time for me to go anyway. Thank you for the great day... I really appreciate everything you do for me." I get up and grab all my bags before calling a uber to pick me up from Jay's apartment. While I try walking into the foyer. Suddenly I feel Jays lips and kiss back. I couldn't lie, I missed him and still loved him.

I will always.