nine

"News: Jay Park is dating an employee"

Suddenly, it was everywhere. There was no where to hide, I couldn't leave my apartment complex before there were cameras flashing. Everyone knew it was me- that girl that was a complete foreigner and had very broken Korean. The pictures of Jay and I walking back to my apartment blew up within two hours and angry teenagers leaving comments on my pictures. I left work at six tonight and paparazzi where already there waiting for either Jay or me to leave and give a statement about it. I didn't know what to say so I looked down and went through the crowd. I went to the market covered to make sure no one knew me. Face (or surgical) mask, sunglasses, big over coats, and hats became my best friends over the past week. Jay wanted to go out every night on dates but knew he couldn't which created an awkward atmosphere for us. We would avoid each other in public but in private we couldn't keep our hands off each other, exchanging smiles, and talking for hours.

"Jay..." I trailed.

"Yes," jay answered.

"Do you wanna go out for dinner? At this point I don't care—" I said.

"Yes, neither do I." He interrupted then pecked my lips. I smiled at him while he snaked his arms around my waist. "Where do you wanna go, beautiful?"

"Nothing fancy, I'm in a jeans and t-shirt mood you know?"

"Street food and walking around Seoul sounds nice." I nod in agreement.

- - - -

We walk out of the apartment fully decked out in all black clothes, hats, and face mask (a/n or are they called surgical masks? Imma dumb American someone tell me) ready to go out. Jay and I hold hands as we walk outside. For a Friday night everything seems calm amid all the people. It's about eight o'clock and family's are coming home from dinner and couples, like Jay and I, go out to adventure. Problem with these mask on our face is that they are too thick to talk through. We just walked to the alley where all the best street food was in silence letting the sounds of Seoul be the only thing. I let Jay guide me through the alley as I hold onto the back of his coat. There are so many people here I could feel my anxiety go up. Anyone of these people could recognize Jay and the whole date will be done. Once we get our food, we walk back into the apartment. We place the food on the counter and take off our coats, hats, shoes, and masks.

"That was a lot of anxiety." I broke the silence.

"I'm hungry." Jay said patting on his stomach.

"Aren't you always?" I smile.

"The same can be said about you." He goes through the two bags and pulls out Tteokbokki. "I think I bought like one of everything at five different places."

"Give me!" I took my chopsticks and grabbed hold of one of a few pieces.

"Arden, don't take my food!" He playfully yelled and chased me around to the other side of the kitchen island. I kept running while still chewing on the Tteokbokki while I felt Jay's arms grab hold of me and pick me up. I don't know how he did it considering how I am only a half an inch shorter than him. He flung me over his shoulder and said, "was the Tteokbokki worth it?"

"Yes!" I yelled while I hit his thighs and butt so he would let me down.

"Fine I'll let you down." He said dropping me carefully.

"That was mean!" I giggled.

"It could've been worse, I could've farted." He smirked.

"JAY!" I yelled while pulling out more food. Once we ate way too much, we sat in the living room and turn on the tv. "And we were so careful." It was on the news that Jay and I went out, already. It hadn't even been two hours! That's when my phone rang.

"Hi Ross." I answered getting up and heading towards the kitchen not to annoy Jay from his TV show.

"Are Jay and you dating? I thought you told me that you were friends and co workers." He sounded angry.

"We are on and off, you met me when we were on an off but we are good now."

"Do you love him?" His voice cracked, like all the frustrations turned into tears.

"I don't know, we've only known each other for about four months or so." I found it hard to tell my co worker and one of my only friends here, to tell him how I really felt. I honestly didn't know my feelings towards Jay, I wanted to protect my feelings. I didn't want to let my walls fall and become to vulnerable, but I did have a huge interest for Jay.

"Arden, I love you." Ross whispered almost inaudible.

"Are you sure?" I was shaking and not sure what to say at this point.

"Yes, since last month." He said confidently.

"Ross... I... really don't know." Jay walks in and looks at me and mouths are you okay, I nod.

"Just break up, like you said, you don't love him." I could see Jay knew what he said. He raised his eyebrows and I hung up.

"You don't love me?" Jay yelled.

"You never said I love you either so do you even love me?" I raise my eyebrow at him.

"Yes of course I love you, Arden. Your he most beautiful girl I've ever met both inside and outside." He walks towards me and caress my face with his thumb.

"I love you, Jay, but not in that way." I felt tears fill my eyes and with a blink they started coming down.

"What do you mean?" Jay however was more angry than sad. "All of this is for you! Baby, you can have the cars, the clothes, the jewels, the sex, the house!" Jay yelled.

"It's just I don't know—"

"Then get the fuck out of my house!" He interrupted.

- - - -