fourteen

I grabbed a wine glass and poured wine into the glass. I couldn't see him. I had to wait. Jay had to go through about two surgeries before I could step into the hospital. Why did I let him go get pasta without me? Why did I chose to have pasta? I could've picked something that was already here. If only he left even three minutes before, he would be back. I waited at the phone for hours for the hospital the call me. It was almost 4am when I get a call from the hospital. I got in my car and drove down to the hospital. As soon as I got into Jay's room I started crying. His hands were bloody from the windshield caving in, his neck was in a brace and blood around his mouth. His forehead was swollen in the place that hit the steering wheel. A doctor came in and started asking me questions.

"We are going to give him stitches in his hands and then he should be fine. We should be able to take him home in the afternoon. The swelling will go down, make sure to make an appointment with the dentist just to check teeth, and other than that, he's fine. The neck brace should probably taken off within a few hours." The doctor said while checking her papers.

"Okay, thank you so much." I said before she left. "Jay, baby." I combed through his hair and he woke up a little and hummed.

"Hi." He hummed out before managing to get out sorry.

"It's okay." I said still massaging his head. "Your safe, and that's the only thing that matters. I love you very much." More doctors came in to work on the stitches. I sat off to the side while they worked and waited patiently. I just wanted him out of the hospital so I could shower him in love. I didn't realize how much I needed him until this happened. I waited hours with Jay, even though he was silent. He had regained consciousness, but sat in silence. I wanted to ask him what's wrong, but I assumed he was just thinking and that was fine.

"Where was it at?" I asked looking over at Jay.

"Seodaemun district." He replies and as soon as the words left his lips, he looked worried.

"Why where you over there? That's across the river." I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Well.." Jay trailed.

"Why would you need to go to a grocery store in that district?" I interrupted.

"I was seeing someone..." Jay said before I doctor came in and handed me papers.

"These are his papers, they mention what happened, alcohol level, and when he has to go to court. He can leave as soon as you sign the top paper." The doctor said handing me a pen. I signed the top paper before handing him back the paper. The doctor walked out and I looked at Jay.

"Let's go home, you can explain there." Once we got home the tension was super thick. We sat on opposite ends of the couch. "First of all who were you seeing and why was your alcohol blood concentration almost at a .09?

"I just saw someone I knew and started drinking." He looked down.

"Who? Cause there's something your not telling me."

"I was with Haeun, she's a model and a friend of the company." Jay says.

"Why?" I ask.

"I don't know Arden! Everything is blurry!" He yelled.

"I need to know if you cheated on me or not!" I yelled back.

"Did I put this ring on your finger just to cheat?" Jay asked.

"So you wouldn't be bothered if I paid her a visit? You know, for a music video?" Jay shook his head.

"Fine! I went over to go sleep with her! Is that what you wanted to know?" Jay said before he let out a tear, "then I got drunk because I regretted it. Don't leave please."

"I'm not going to sit around and let you sleep with other woman. This isn't a good relationship to be in. I am not going to let this happen to me again." I took off my Cartier ring and handed him it. "You can give this to someone who can put up with all your bullshit. I am leaving, I'll get my stuff and I'm gone, there's nothing you can do about it." I bit my lip and let a tear fall, and looked at Jay who had already cried a river. I went to my closet and started grabbing clothes off the hanger and putting it in my suitcase. I packed everything in that house in three suitcases and a duffle bag. I put all the bags by the doors. I looked at Jay, who was still sitting on the couch, almost three hours later, looking down in melancholy, and crying.

"Arden?" Jay looked up as I turned the doorknob. "Don't go. There's nothing that I wouldn't do, go to the ends of this Earth for you, and to make you feel my love. Please stay, I'll become better."

"Heard that before." I said opening the door. I suddenly feel Jay wraps his arms around me and kisses me passionately. While still kissing me, he closes the door and leads me away from the door. "Don't go." He says between kisses.

"I'm not staying with a cheater." I say squirming out of his arms and grabbing my bags. I get to my car and put all my luggage inside. Where am I going to go? Should I quit my job? What am I going to do?

"Hey Ross, I'm having a problem." I spoke into my phone.

"What do you need?" He asked.

"I need somewhere to stay, I was wondering if I can stay at your apartment?"

I was nervous he would say no, but he immediately said yes. I drove to where Ross lived and parked my car. I walked to his apartment and he answered the door. Ross smiled at me and hugged me knowing if I was going over to his house- there was something wrong.

"Do you wanna sleep in my room? I can sleep on the couch." Ross asked after he ordered dinner. It was almost ten o'clock on a Friday night but all I wanted was to stay in. For the past hour I explained what had happened, and Ross accepted me with open arms until I could get another apartment.

"No worries, I can sleep on the couch." I took a sip of my water.

"No seriously, sleep on the bed, you've had a long day." Ross said before the doorbell rang with all the food inside bags. We sat and ate and talked, while we were already close before, we became even closer. We literally worked the same job, we talked everyday, and not everything can be about business all the time. It was about twelve am before Ross let me into his bedroom and helped me carry all my stuff.

"Good night Arden." He smiled before closing the door. I had too much to think about. I missed Jay, but I knew I was never coming back.